JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Looking for a uber rare JDM OEM part #

Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlX Boi,Jun 4 2008, 05:56 PM
...or just unique. USDM means it's stock, which means everyone in your country has what you have. Going with another country's style will make your car stand out. Don't tell me you've never gotten the mod bug, even for something completely asthetic.
Exactly Could have said it better myself, I retract the JDM yo comment seeing as it is not.

Thanks for all the input, now I know where to look!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't going to post when I first saw this thread, and I'm all for the "it's your car, do as you please" mentality, but this mod specifically I think is a different story. These parts aren't particularly cheap, and getting them shipped international isn't going to be cheap either. That's going to be quite a bit of money for a simple aesthetic mod.

Additionally, you live in the US. We don't have government mandated fog lights on our cars, and as such, people won't really know what to think of your additional red tail light. You may actually be reducing the effectiveness of the safety features (signal lights) on your car.

Just something to think about. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by JstnRyan,Jun 4 2008, 09:07 PM
I wasn't going to post when I first saw this thread, and I'm all for the "it's your car, do as you please" mentality, but this mod specifically I think is a different story. These parts aren't particularly cheap, and getting them shipped international isn't going to be cheap either. That's going to be quite a bit of money for a simple aesthetic mod.

Additionally, you live in the US. We don't have government mandated fog lights on our cars, and as such, people won't really know what to think of your additional red tail light. You may actually be reducing the effectiveness of the safety features (signal lights) on your car.

Just something to think about. Good luck.
True, it was just an idea I was toying with, I thought it was JDM, but since not I don't really have the appeal to do it anymore, I thought it would be a good way to have something rare to the ap2's but euro doesn't really sound all that cool and a japanese car oh well
Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

It's your car, don't let others tell you what to do. I personally think it's cool to be different! And the idea of having these taillights are pretty different. Sooner or later, people will start doing what you did, and search around for "new" different parts once more and more s2000's join the boards and people start to want to be different.

This has happened with most other cars (namely the civic and integra), since they have been out so long, and almost every setup has been done already, people started to look to places like europe for alternative mods--in the pursuit of being different. To this day, one of the most sought after and rare pieces for the integra are the OEM Euro Taillights!

I'm pretty sure when the s2k gets older and becomes more like how the civic and integra are now, the same thing will happen.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Ya we put Canadian Tails on my homies RHD integra R looked great!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:27 PM

I was just curious to see roughly how much I would be looking at, but I cannot even find a part #
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM

try posting up in the euro regions or pm'ing someone who can call their local dealership and get the PN for you.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by leester01,Jun 4 2008, 09:53 AM
Neither are JDM
Look at the plates
Old 06-11-2008, 03:32 AM

i could order you a set of rear tail lights if you would like. Our dealership sells them cheap. We get the left red, right clear btw.

All EDM countries with LHD S2000s get left red, right clear. UK and other RHD countries get the opposite.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 PM

^^nice, how much are they anyway? (just for future reference?)

Quick Reply: Looking for a uber rare JDM OEM part #