JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Buddy Club Racing Spec VS Tein Flex

Old 08-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Buddy Club Racing Spec VS Tein Flex

Hey guys im trying to figure this out...for performance wise...im planning on dropping my car but need to know which is better overall.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tein has better racing history than buddy club I believe, so I'd pick Tein.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:03 AM

dude ure gonna get soooo many different answers. On deciding what suspesnion i wanted i searched and read what others had to say, good/bad or otherwise. On getting a definite answer on which is better will be more someones opinion than fact. Keep in mind most ppl have only had one set of suspension so its hard to compare (im guilty of this myself). I personally love my Type flex
Old 08-06-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

peiopel talk shit about tein because they owned the lower lines

SS and basic suck.
the springs they offer to lower also suck.. any non coilover sucks imo.

the flex along w/ SRC are the nicest susp under 2k

flex because the triple perch setup allows height adjustment independent of preload.

which makes corner balancing easy.. and height adjust easy. also u can slam the car and still have maximum suspension travel.

the BC RS has the same advantage, but less lineage

the tein also has pillow ball mounts that make installl simple mine i installed in 35 mins.

in a nut shell their both triple perch, both pillowball mounts.. but the tein JUST makes susp so i think they know their stuff better.. also the Tein offers EDFC which i love for trips... the BC ull hve to get outa car and precariously chage the settings everytime u wanna change. instead of just clicking from inside car while driving.

so buy the tein... if you want EDFC
buy the BCRS if u dont.

the only problem w/ the tein imo is the really loose compression vs rebound .. the compression is softer than rebound meaning the tire will go up easy but the down travel is slow.. so on bumpy roads u feel like your not 100% on the ground. its hard to explain.. but the pillowballs add the stiffness so u feel it in ur butt.. its like... inbetween each lil "bump its having a split second of off the ground ness.

ive never driven the BS RS to say if they have it..
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 PM

I have the BC RS and love 'em. I believe they have more headroom for adjustments. Correct me if I'm wrong but changing the setting on the flex effectively adjusts +/- 2kg/mm, while the BC's are 4. Don't get caught up with how many levels of adjustments there. What matters is the amount that each level actually changes the damper. Btw are the Flex's still twin tube? If so BC all the way!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:11 PM

I vote neither. The two people I know that have the Tein Flex say its way to bouncy of a ride. The one puts up with it because he drives the car once a week, the other is really, lets say picky. :cough: Guedo :cough: He switched to Zeals and loves them.

As for BC's, I have them. I like the stiff ride at any setting, but no ones else seems to. What I dont like is that Ive been through 2 shocks in 2 years. Also my rear clunks and some people complain about squeeking. I never had squeeking, but I hear many people complain about the clunking. Oh, and if you slam it, the A arm hits the perch in the front when jacking the car up.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:14 PM

cool thanks