S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Mugen Intake ? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/mugen-intake-313550/)

Mr. Francesco 08-14-2005 12:17 PM

Mugen Intake ?

Im debating on if i want to buy a Mugen intake or not...I know the version1 snorkel which goes to the bottom of the bumper is no longer being made, but what about the other ones?

I was thinking about getting an SS front bumper, so i know Mugen makes a snorkel for a direct fit for that...

What about the center snorkel one they offer? will it fit an 04 front? My next rescent idea is a new 04 front with the Mugen lip and the center snorkel...If this doesn't work then maybe an Alex air duct to be molded to the 04 front so i can run a Mugen...

What do you guys think?

Project SSAP1 08-14-2005 07:38 PM

i saw screw it and get the j's intake since it reaches to the bumper grill...and im not sure if the alex air duct fits teh 04 bumper...or at least ive never seen it...

Mr. Francesco 08-14-2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Project SSAP1,Aug 14 2005, 11:38 PM
i saw screw it and get the j's intake since it reaches to the bumper grill...and im not sure if the alex air duct fits teh 04 bumper...or at least ive never seen it...

i like the j's intake, but it seems like everyone is going that route now...

9000rpm inc. 08-14-2005 11:17 PM

I'm a fan of the Snorkels... specifically the Spoon Carbon Kevlar. I think it looks dead sexy and adds on to a already well engineered intake.

MyEeek 08-14-2005 11:44 PM

I believe J's intake is cheaper than the Mugen one. You get more parts with J's and a larger air chamber for better throttle response (so some have said on this forum). And besides, with that intake you can use any bumper. The Mugen is optimized with an Alex duct or any bumper with the hole to let air in the intake. Go for the J's intake! :thumbup:

turbo_pwr 08-15-2005 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Aug 14 2005, 03:17 PM
What about the center snorkel one they offer?

:confused: As far as I know there is only one Mugen Intake available. That would be the version 2. It fits on all s2000s and according to Mugen's testing there is no difference in performance from version 1 to version 2. That's probably up to debate but what you see is what you get. There is only one version available new.

Mr. Francesco 08-15-2005 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Aug 15 2005, 10:12 AM
:confused: As far as I know there is only one Mugen Intake available. That would be the version 2. It fits on all s2000s and according to Mugen's testing there is no difference in performance from version 1 to version 2. That's probably up to debate but what you see is what you get. There is only one version available new.

i might try to locate a used version 1 intake, if not ill go J's i guess then...i still can't decide which front bumper i want to buy...