S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   JDM Tuning (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/)
-   -   Mugen Intake Duct? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/jdm-tuning-148/mugen-intake-duct-378011/)

Matts2k 04-11-2006 05:02 PM

Mugen Intake Duct?

Hey guys. I have to get a new bumper for my S, and i dont want to go OEM. Im looking at the Mugen bumper (its the fake version though :( ) and i was wondering if there is an air duct that fits right to the opening on this bumper to my stock airbox. If there is, where can i get it? And if there isnt, what can i do to make this functional? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Matts2k 04-11-2006 08:25 PM

:(

Jakup 04-11-2006 09:16 PM

You could possibly cut a snorkel to catch air from that inlet. The only intakes that take air from there that I know of are ASM, Mugen, and J's makes a special snorkel half for their intake system. ASM/J's are for their bumpers, but I think the holes are close and would work with the Mugen inlet.
However, these are very expensive intakes, so if you didn't want to buy the real Mugen bumper you probably won't be dropping $1-3k on an intake.

Matts2k 04-11-2006 11:11 PM

Well i do plan on going supercharged, so doing an intake thats that expensive is pointless. I was thinking about getting the Mugen intake if i could get a decent price on it. I saw one for like 800, just wondering if that is a good price. That intake should fit right up to the bumper right?

Xplosiv 04-11-2006 11:32 PM

just get a fake Mugen intake to go with your fake Mugen bumper dood

Matts2k 04-12-2006 01:17 PM

lol come on now. i didnt post to get bashed. i need a new bumper, and my insurance isnt going to pay for a 1000$ mugen one, and theres really no other ones that i like, so this is my alternative.

ASMspec 04-12-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Matts2k,Apr 12 2006, 01:17 PM
lol come on now. i didnt post to get bashed. i need a new bumper, and my insurance isnt going to pay for a 1000$ mugen one, and theres really no other ones that i like, so this is my alternative.

Honestly if your going to buy the style one I would seriously consider a front lip or a Js lip spoiler. The Mugen front bumper and intake alone cost more than a supercharger. :p

Anyway good luck.

BTW I have seen the style ones and they look horrible. Dont waste your money. Go with an OEM lip, Amuse lip, or Js lip... :thumbup:

Matts2k 04-12-2006 06:16 PM

Well i had the j's lip. I had a mishap, and i have to get something new. I really dont want to get an oem bumper with some kind of lip, because no offense to everyone else, but thats what everyone else does. Im trying to do something different for now, and down the road, when i want to spend 2k on a bumper, lol, ill buy the authentic one. But until i get some bills paid off, i have to go with the style one.

Young_R 04-12-2006 10:06 PM

J's racing sells air duct that fits into OEM intake box.

go to bulletproof and i think it cost 300 something.

Matts2k 04-13-2006 12:41 PM

Will that fit to the opening on the Mugen bumper?