JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Official Aftermarket Header Discussion

Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AP2_RR,Jun 12 2007, 06:49 AM
If you notice all Motorcycle after market headers (leo vince, arrows, etc) all use sequential cylinder pairing.
I'm not sure about the Honda bikes, but I know the GSXR's have a different firing order than most car 4 cylinders (1-2-4-3 as opposed to 1-3-4-2). That might explain the different pairing.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

A few days ago, I called Bulletproof about the Axle header (all hand welded with flex pipes and springs). It's extremely unique, and I was hoping to be one of the first to import it. However, at $4,200, that's a little pricey for a header. Now I'm looking at the Amuse. Their parts are always top notch in construction and attention to detail. I believe their hp numbers, as I have never seen them post BS inflated numbers on their products. Also, the weight savings is a huge plus. What do you guys think about the Amuse vs. J's or Tracy sports? I want to get a top performing header hp-wise, but I also don't want to have the same parts everyone else has.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toofast4yalll,Jun 12 2007, 12:47 PM
A few days ago, I called Bulletproof about the Axle header (all hand welded with flex pipes and springs). It's extremely unique, and I was hoping to be one of the first to import it. However, at $4,200, that's a little pricey for a header. Now I'm looking at the Amuse. Their parts are always top notch in construction and attention to detail. I believe their hp numbers, as I have never seen them post BS inflated numbers on their products. Also, the weight savings is a huge plus. What do you guys think about the Amuse vs. J's or Tracy sports? I want to get a top performing header hp-wise, but I also don't want to have the same parts everyone else has.
I think Amuse is
Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=wildcardtrd,Jun 12 2007, 11:39 AM] Sounds like a good idea, I'll see if I can't get that integrated into the information.

So sequential pairing on our cars would be 12-34 and alternating pairing would be 13-24, correct?

For some reason, I've never paid that much attention to it, but now tht you mention it, it makes perfect sense

Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Sponsor

[QUOTE=Sobe_Death,Jun 12 2007, 11:45 AM] I'm not sure about the Honda bikes, but I know the GSXR's have a different firing order than most car 4 cylinders (1-2-4-3 as opposed to 1-3-4-2).

Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by stena,Jun 12 2007, 09:30 AM
I WAS WONDERING the same thing,
I saw that my CBR has the 12-34 pipes connected and cars mostly have 14-23 ... And thats OEM honda CBR header -also the pipes are connected with small pipes between them also.
there must be something to it,but i dont think that honda didnt consider the same thing with our car and went with the 14-23 connection.
And when we are talking Motorcycle Exhaust parts but i cant say that there is any better than AKRAPOVIC
I have heard of them, but just checked out their website. Beautiful exhausts... They use conical tubing in certain places for better velocity.

The cross tubes are for pressure equalization at higher RPMs, this pushes the sequential pairing affect further buy using the pressure to pull the next pulse out earlier.

Also, they use the same pairing for GSXR as well as the CBR even though one has a firing order backwards from the other.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

REad this...Its a Comparo Between Two Full Titanium Systems and see how quality Differs.
http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/reco...inal_frames.HTM
probably one of the best Exhaust companies in the world.
Also Too bad They dont make exhausts for CARs and Our CAR.
If they Would i would buy A full one No questions Asked.
I had a Akrapovic Ti slip on my CBR and i cant say how Good it sounded..So quiet on cruse and Pure F1 on WOT.
Later I found a PDF test on 20 slip ons for the CBR F4 and Guess who makes Most power,least noise below 7k and Costs the most.?
Old 06-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by stena,Jun 12 2007, 05:32 PM
REad this...Its a Comparo Between Two Full Titanium Systems and see how quality Differs.
http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/reco...inal_frames.HTM
probably one of the best Exhaust companies in the world.
Also Too bad They dont make exhausts for CARs and Our CAR.
If they Would i would buy A full one No questions Asked.
I had a Akrapovic Ti slip on my CBR and i cant say how Good it sounded..So quiet on cruse and Pure F1 on WOT.
Later I found a PDF test on 20 slip ons for the CBR F4 and Guess who makes Most power,least noise below 7k and Costs the most.?
HRC uses Akrapovic...

Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Berk HPC header today.

I will be trying to dyno it this weekend.

I will do a few dyno runs with my current EMS setup.
Then throw it on the lift, install the Berk header, then retune the EMS.
Then run the dyno again with the header installed.

My Result Factors
AEM EMS
AEM V2 CAI
BERK TP
HKS Exhaust
4.57r Gears
Hondata Gasket
Spoon Switch
Spoon Thermo
Spoon Rad Cap

I understand some of these wont factor in the results, but wanted to have them listed in case it comes into question later.

If you can think of anything else you want me to test, let me know. We really only get one chance at this.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dyno plots of before install, first run after install, and final run with best tune

Quick Reply: Official Aftermarket Header Discussion