JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Okada Projects Dyno Meet Demonstration Results

Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
To get the oem coil cover to work can you remove the red okada disc on the top of each coil ?, are they just a decorative piece on the coils or are they an important part of the coils ?. If they are just decorative maybe I would consider pulling them off and using the oem cover.

I once saw some kind of metal bridge or coil cover with cutouts on it to fit around the okada coils, does anyone know if this part is available ? Thanks for any replies.

Ive heard that these coils are the OEM coils off a K24 with just a logo stuck on top of it... Check the part numbers... pretty sure they're the same as OEM Civic Si k24 coils.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

Originally Posted by Reapur
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1356307438' post='22227005
To get the oem coil cover to work can you remove the red okada disc on the top of each coil ?, are they just a decorative piece on the coils or are they an important part of the coils ?. If they are just decorative maybe I would consider pulling them off and using the oem cover.

I once saw some kind of metal bridge or coil cover with cutouts on it to fit around the okada coils, does anyone know if this part is available ? Thanks for any replies.

Ive heard that these coils are the OEM coils off a K24 with just a logo stuck on top of it... Check the part numbers... pretty sure they're the same as OEM Civic Si k24 coils.
someone posted about them being TSX coils, but upon questioning no one has ever verified the statement. The coils are on their way to me right now, I don't know if there will be any part numbers on them to verify. Okada coils are supposed to multi-spark, quite unlike any Honda coil spark pattern, if they simply re-badged a Honda coil it would be a gross misrepresentation of a product and no one has taken them to task on it yet. Seeing as they make coils for lots of other vehicles you would think someone would have figured it out by now.

There is quite a bit of testing out there in the Audi, BMW, Subaru communities, most of the reports I've seen were positive. If you can believe Import Tuner they claim to have tested the coils on a scope and it seems to very the multispark claim which no Honda coil can accomplish. I'm not saying Import Tuner is the most reliable source but if they claim to have hooked up the coils to a scope you would think the info is somewhat accurate despite the sponsoship aspect of their articles.

http://www.importtuner.com/reviews/p...s/viewall.html

If the red caps are just logos I'll probably take them off to get the coil cover to fit better.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Part numbers are scrubbed off okada's.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
That may be where the rumours about TSX coils started. I would expect them to start with a Honda coil core and then retrofit them with their own internals, that would be the easiest way to do it.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2konroids' timestamp='1356910950' post='22237295
That may be where the rumours about TSX coils started. I would expect them to start with a Honda coil core and then retrofit them with their own internals, that would be the easiest way to do it.

I found this photo in another thread. Okada has Denso make the coils
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1356912816' post='22237329
[quote name='s2konroids' timestamp='1356910950' post='22237295']

I found this photo in another thread. Okada has Denso make the coils
[/quote]

Thanks for the picture, I am still trying to figure out if the top red cap is there to cover up the internals of the coil or if it is just a decorative logo. My coils are on their way to me as we speak, I hope to have them within the next week. I'll see if mine come with a part number on them.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM

It seems like the turbo community has nothing but good experiences with these coils, I haven't seen a bad test from any turbo setup that has tested them. Naturally aspirated isn't comparable, but it lends some credence that Okada coils are not simply unmodified factory Honda/Acura coils.

Here is a pretty thorough test on a turbo Audi

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...38-spark-plugs
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

It seems like the turbo community has nothing but good experiences with these coils, I haven't seen a bad test from any turbo setup that has tested them. Naturally aspirated isn't comparable, but it lends some credence that Okada coils are not simply unmodified factory Honda/Acura coils.

Here is a pretty thorough test on a turbo Audi

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...38-spark-plugs

I was so confused on that post at first, the first couple torque readings were over 1k ft/lbs and the hp was reading about 200, I was like what the hell? Does this engine not rev over 1000 rpms at redline? lol
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM

I remember reading that the red cap is simply a logo and has no function.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 PM

I remember reading that the red cap is simply a logo and has no function.
Ah thanks for the info, if they are just decorative I'll probably look at popping them off so I can run the oem coil cover insert, if not then I'll put some washers under the coil cover.

Quick Reply: Okada Projects Dyno Meet Demonstration Results