JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Password:JDM Intake~

Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Password:JDM Intake~

So i installed the Password:JDM dry CF Ram Air Intake into my S on monday and after installing i had thought that i installed it correctly, but obviously if my hood doesn't close all the way them i probably did something wrong. Or could it be a defect. i mean it's the second piece of CF that leads to the "Cold Air Box" ... it sits about 2-3 cm's too high. just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they fixed it or maybe it's just a defective part..?

really looking for some help here please.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 AM
csw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine doesnt fit nicely too. and my mechanic tries to readjust at all possible ways and started all over many times too.
in the end we had to resort to cutting the bonnet.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 AM

did you adjust the hood latch? you can raise it up so the hood latches. I have the radiator cooling plate and i had to adust the hood latch. when I close the hood i have to push it down till it latches. no more dropping the hood.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 AM

I saw a thread like this before ... I would suggest you pm steve@pword and ask for help from him. I am sure he will be glad to tell you how to get it to fit ... you might need to play with the hood latch.

Joaquin
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 AM

So i really didn't want to cut the hood, so i just moved hood latch up as far as i could (thanks FitzyS2k and R1_Pilot) and i put some double sided tape and a bit of soft foam on the inside of the hood to prevent further paint removing and scratching from the intake. I also had to remove the 2 bolts that hold the scoop on, one located on the hood latch, upper left bolt, and the other one located ~9 inches to the left of the hood latch.

i can now successfully close my hood without having to put too much pressure to get it to close.

satisfied for the time being..
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM

passwrd jdm seems to have great customer service. i would give em a call. i am sure their guy will be on here soon saying how he wishes you would give him a call.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:26 PM

Yeah... I don't have time to call them however I already sent Steve @ password a PM and sent them a message on their site.

iPhone foruming ftw
Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 AM

More than likely the reason it is not fitting is because of the hump that the snorkel creates as it goes over the radiator. All you have to do is make a cut out under the hood and you should be fine. I understand you don't want to cut your hood, I don't want to slice and dice my baby either ha-ha. In the end you can always cover it with a plastic material or a tape of some sort for a cleaner look. Here is a picture for visual reference:

-Hunter
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Password promotes the product that you don't have to cut the hood, so there should be a better alternative. Most people have said that they don't have to do anything to clear the hood and others say that they have had to adjust the hood latch
Old 03-19-2009, 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Ro_Ja Boy,Mar 19 2009, 12:02 PM] Password promotes the product that you don't have to cut the hood, so there should be a better alternative.

Quick Reply: Password:JDM Intake~