JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Project MU forged 4 piston 4 pad brake kit...

Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project MU forged 4 piston 4 pad brake kit...

Well, they just came in today (after some horrendous shipping exploits...) so I should have pics up tonight after 11pm EST... I'm excited... not really because of the brakes, but because I can drive my car again...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics
Old 08-11-2005, 06:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually was about to pick this same set up. They have them in stock right now and they are not that expensive ($2300+shipping). Down side is they are a painted caliper and not anodized. I would have stuck with your Spoons. What I want to see is the anodized 4 pot 2 pad setup behind 16 inch wheels. Not a bad choice though. I would have went Endless in the J's racing custom aquamarine color.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:58 AM

well, I got them for less than that... which is why i went with them... the finish is pretty nice, and I like the 4 pad design... I didn't do endless because they seem to be poping up alot right now, and I don't really want 6 pot calipers... not to mention the rear setup I'll have on the way shortly... As far as cosmetics go, my friend's 6pot Z33 setup with the 14.5" rotors is alot more bling (anodized billet set..), but I like the thought of a forged caliper, and the build quality is far superior to the spoons... if they have em in stock, and you don't mind being confined to 18" wheels again, I say go for it... they seem like alot for the money...
Old 08-11-2005, 10:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VeilsideAP1,Aug 11 2005, 09:58 AM
well, I got them for less than that... which is why i went with them... the finish is pretty nice, and I like the 4 pad design... I didn't do endless because they seem to be poping up alot right now, and I don't really want 6 pot calipers... not to mention the rear setup I'll have on the way shortly... As far as cosmetics go, my friend's 6pot Z33 setup with the 14.5" rotors is alot more bling (anodized billet set..), but I like the thought of a forged caliper, and the build quality is far superior to the spoons... if they have em in stock, and you don't mind being confined to 18" wheels again, I say go for it... they seem like alot for the money...
I like them too but not a fan of 18 inch wheels anymore. To me they are just to large.

You do know you can fit those Project Mu brakes behind ASM Prodrives with a 3 or 5 mm spacer. You can also fit them behind the Wed Sports SA90 forged sets with a 5 mm spacer so right there you have 2 good 17 inch wheels.
I would go with the 345mm rotors.
True, Endless is starting to pop up but they still are one of the most expensive kits out there ($3750 retail) and not a lot of people will spend that kinda money when you can get cheaper kits and get the feel/look you want. I can tell you first hand that the Endless IMO are in a totally different world than a 4 pot kit. They blow away my Spoons in every aspect. But to me the gold 16 inch Work Emotion wheels weighed more in my mind that the Endless BBK so they had to go.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 PM

really? I thought I wouldn't fit anything 17in. I usually just get custom offsets cause I don't like running spacers... and I hate extended lug when it sticks out past the rim... looks like something from speed racer...

Don't get me wrong, when I first saw the endless I did want them, but I really wanted the amuse calipers, and those are PMu...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:23 PM

all this hibbity bobbity boo nonsence talk is no damn good without pics.... lol
Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 PM

sorry... I took a couple and they didn't come out that great... I need some battaries for my camera... I'll try tonight again when I get out of work...
Old 08-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Lets see some pictures James!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:46 PM

so we tried to do the install tonight... I have pictures, but not the kind I like...

1st complication: I was sent the incorrect banjo bolt for the calipers... the bolt would not thread in, so that obviously put a crimp on things..

2nd complication: since we were having problems, I figured I would do a test fit to make sure there were no clearance issues... Guess what? there were... looks like I'll be running spacers with a +34 offset.. the raised edge on my sf challenge made contact with a small portion of the caliper... there was 1-2mm of clearance around the rest, so if I can get it off the spot, I think they will fit... it was fun seeing them on and getting excited about being able to drive the car only to take them off again... Life sucks...

Quick Reply: Project MU forged 4 piston 4 pad brake kit...