JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Spoon fender authenticity?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

gotuning has spoken!

i have personally met the guys at gotuning, and i am from hawaii... just like couple other members who posted above, i have purchased quite a bit of parts from gotuning, and have never been put down. never had any problems with installation either and im sure 99% of everyone else who has bought from the guys at gotuning would support that they are either one of or THE best distributors for our sought after s2000s. for me personally, i have only bought from gotuning and evasive for my s2000, and a few from personal members.

thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have met and had a conversation with Tommy about replica parts. He preached to me all about the topic so I'm almost positive Gotuning wouldn't do what they're being accused of. I still have my ASM header I purchased from them and it is very very authentic woot!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have spoon fenders here bought from go tuning and they are authentic. My friend ordered them at the same time and his are authentic as well. They would be the last vendor on earth to sell anything not real. Have a whole bunch of other parts from them and they are all real. So they get my
Old 08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
ej2

I still have my brand new authentic Spoon front +25mm fenders in storage. Here are a few pictures of what authentic ones look like:

I'm almost entirely sure the ones you have are not authentic unless there was a significant manufacture change in their product, which I highly doubt. Do everything in your power to give the seller hell. I for one know these fenders are not cheap, so if you paid close to authentic price, do everything in your power. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Al
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine looked like the ones above. I didn't even know there were replicas, have never seen any for sale on any site.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM

I finally tracked down the receipt and original sale info. They were indeed purchased from GoTuning early this year for nearly $1000 and have either been passed off as authentic or are indeed authentic. Eithet way, the issue has caused an extreme inconveniece for both myself and my close friend, to whom I sold these. I'd like to see this issue resolved.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

post the receipt!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

id love to have this settled, have had money laid out for months at this point
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by penguinsintuxedos!?
I finally tracked down the receipt and original sale info. They were indeed purchased from GoTuning early this year for nearly $1000 and have either been passed off as authentic or are indeed authentic. Eithet way, the issue has caused an extreme inconveniece for both myself and my close friend, to whom I sold these. I'd like to see this issue resolved.
First off, we haven't sold any Spoon fenders ANY TIME this entire year. We haven't even imported any Spoon fenders this year so if you contact Spoon directly in Japan, they can confirm this. So I don't know how it would have been possible to purchase something from us we didn't have... This is turning into a case of fraud and slander.

Quick Reply: Spoon fender authenticity?