JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

spoon intake setup

Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great,good to hear. One last question reagarding your engine bay, what engine dress up bolts do you have?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Recieved 81 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post
Great,good to hear. One last question reagarding your engine bay, what engine dress up bolts do you have?
oh originally I did the engine bay in stainless bolts from the company called Dress Up Bolts, but recently I bought 8 Mugen license plate bolts and I put five along the front bumper plate, 2 on the radiator holder plates, and one last one on the cruise control box. Most of the ones you see in that picture are the Mugen bolts. Expensive option but I like the unique look of them.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Recieved 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sn0wman View Post
its the spoon racing car. thanks guys. i was wondering if anyone knows where to get the duct? i see them on gotuning but its like $500, i was hoping to get a cheaper one. i saw some on ebay but they say they only fit ap1's
Pretty positive that isn't one of Spoon's cars but a look-alike car, not that it matters.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION View Post
Originally Posted by sn0wman' timestamp='1351042646' post='22104235
oh originally I did the engine bay in stainless bolts from the company called Dress Up Bolts, but recently I bought 8 Mugen license plate bolts and I put five along the front bumper plate, 2 on the radiator holder plates, and one last one on the cruise control box. Most of the ones you see in that picture are the Mugen bolts. Expensive option but I like the unique look of them.
Damnnnn what a baller! They look amazing though
Old 11-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by s1mba View Post
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1351120439' post='22106453
[quote name='sn0wman' timestamp='1351042646' post='22104235']
Damnnnn what a baller! They look amazing though
[/quote]

LMAO, thanks for the kind words, they look better in person, that picture isn't totally clear, I do like them as accents to the engine bay.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Recieved 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sn0wman' timestamp='1351042646' post='22104235

Your ASM Bar is looking great, take care of it. I am ordering mine soon, and Going to line my ASM Radiator Shroud with ASM License plate screws like you did with the mugen.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY View Post
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1351120439' post='22106453

Your ASM Bar is looking great, take care of it. I am ordering mine soon, and Going to line my ASM Radiator Shroud with ASM License plate screws like you did with the mugen.
[/quote]

Thanks, I really love the ASM bar, it seems to be working nicely too.

The ASM bolts look cool from what I could see on GoTuning's website, please post up pics I'd love to see them installed. The engraved lettering on the bolts seems larger than the Mugen, which I like. At twice the price of Mugen bolts I think those should be classified as baller !, lol.

I just got some cool bolts from PasswordJDM today, stainless bolts with anodized cups, the are designed to be used on the Vtec solenoid, I thought I'd give them a try, kind of neat looking bolts too.

Name:  IMG_1321.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  131.7 KB
Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 PM

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a $850 ASM stainless strut bar is truly baller.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Recieved 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY' timestamp='1355442056' post='22209236
[quote name='JFUSION' timestamp='1351120439' post='22106453']

[/quote]

Thanks, I really love the ASM bar, it seems to be working nicely too.

The ASM bolts look cool from what I could see on GoTuning's website, please post up pics I'd love to see them installed. The engraved lettering on the bolts seems larger than the Mugen, which I like. At twice the price of Mugen bolts I think those should be classified as baller !, lol.

I just got some cool bolts from PasswordJDM today, stainless bolts with anodized cups, the are designed to be used on the Vtec solenoid, I thought I'd give them a try, kind of neat looking bolts too.

Name:  IMG_1321.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  131.7 KB
[/quote]

Yea i like the ones you got!!

Ill def snap some pics once everything is done. I am debating about buying a new ASM Shroud, maybe the carbon one. My red one isnt in the best shape. Going to be doing this intake mod soon/ with the K&N Filter (Heard good reviews on the filter)
Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec View Post
a $850 ASM stainless strut bar is truly baller.
I see a trend with that name starting to follow me, lol, it is definitely baller at full price, I picked one up used for $550 that was in mint condition from JDMjunkyard, so maybe it's just semi-baller

I've had at least 5 strut bars on this car, realizing they are only for cosmetics and being able to rest your arm on something while wrenching in the engine bay. But I have to say the ASM bar is the only bar where I felt a difference after installation. The lower X support ties into the steering rack/subframe, and it is a fully welded X support unlike some of the slip fit replica versions out there. It definitely stiffened things up IMO, or at the very least transmitting extra steering feel, something is different that's for sure, so I do like it.