JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Sti/evo, 350z/CTR brembo calipers upgrade question

Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sti/evo, 350z/CTR brembo calipers upgrade question

im just looking for the possibillity of installing a set of oem sti,evo,350z jdm ITR front brembo calipers on my s2000

most of u will probably think why not go with the spoon calipers or any other BBK, and im aware of the oem rotor with some ssline gppd fluid is more than enough...

I just want to hear what u track guys think...

i find out the STI and evo calipers are pretty much the same and the
350Z/jdm CTR, are the same calipers

the sti/evo use a 12.7 inches rotors
350z/CTR a 12.9 inches rotor

the evo pads are a lilttle bit thicker than the STI

the distance of the mounting holes of the brackets are different between the sti/evo and the 350z/CTR( brackets holes closer to each others compare to the STI/evo)

(seems like the 350z/CTR calipers will be a closer fit because of the distance between the brackets hole but also more expensive)

problems who may occurs

- customize a bracket to bolt the caliper on the s2000 hub...upsize from 12mm to 14mm bolts?

-the centerbore of the rotors need to be the same size as the s2000 hub( is it possible to machine the centerbore of a rotor, upsize ?? )

-and what about the brake line , i will throw a set of SS if i do the brembo swap but can i still use the s2000 brake line or the one who come on the brembo,one end of the lines will be differfent...

I heard before peoples talking about the brake balance and the master cylinder

If I go with an agressive rear brake pads on my stock rear calipers is it going to help a little bit the front/rear balance brake power,i will use the oem front pad of the brembo donor... ?

About the master cylinder not pushing enough fluid , since u have 4 pot instead of 2 is it harder to push? is that true what about poeple who use the spoon calipers they are 4 pot right !!!

i think i can put a kit together for around 1200$ if i can use the sti calipers

used STI calipers/pads.....600$
rotora rotors ..................300$
ss lines...........................100$
brackets machine work ...100$

cheaper than the spoon calipers or any bbk

after all i think the sti/evo calipers are the same the ferrari f40 was using ...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all u need to do to make them fit is make a bracket
Custom CNC made maybe
Also TL type-S bbk might work
Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by tsukubaSpec,Jun 8 2009, 08:48 PM
im just looking for the possibillity of installing a set of oem sti,evo,350z jdm ITR front brembo calipers on my s2000

most of u will probably think why not go with the spoon calipers or any other BBK, and im aware of the oem rotor with some ssline gppd fluid is more than enough...

I just want to hear what u track guys think...

i find out the STI and evo calipers are pretty much the same and the
350Z/jdm CTR, are the same calipers

the sti/evo use a 12.7 inches rotors
350z/CTR a 12.9 inches rotor

the evo pads are a lilttle bit thicker than the STI

the distance of the mounting holes of the brackets are different between the sti/evo and the 350z/CTR( brackets holes closer to each others compare to the STI/evo)

(seems like the 350z/CTR calipers will be a closer fit because of the distance between the brackets hole but also more expensive)

problems who may occurs

- customize a bracket to bolt the caliper on the s2000 hub...upsize from 12mm to 14mm bolts?

-the centerbore of the rotors need to be the same size as the s2000 hub( is it possible to machine the centerbore of a rotor, upsize ?? )

-and what about the brake line , i will throw a set of SS if i do the brembo swap but can i still use the s2000 brake line or the one who come on the brembo,one end of the lines will be differfent...

I heard before peoples talking about the brake balance and the master cylinder

If I go with an agressive rear brake pads on my stock rear calipers is it going to help a little bit the front/rear balance brake power,i will use the oem front pad of the brembo donor... ?

About the master cylinder not pushing enough fluid , since u have 4 pot instead of 2 is it harder to push? is that true what about poeple who use the spoon calipers they are 4 pot right !!!

i think i can put a kit together for around 1200$ if i can use the sti calipers

used STI calipers/pads.....600$
rotora rotors ..................300$
ss lines...........................100$
brackets machine work ...100$

cheaper than the spoon calipers or any bbk

after all i think the sti/evo calipers are the same the ferrari f40 was using ...
Be wary of just throwing out evo not noting the various years/generations. Evo 8's have 320x32mm sized rotors if I remember correctly, sti's 04-07 I believe have 326x30mm.

I say avoid all the headache and just get a stoptech or wilwood BBK.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 PM

I like headaches !!!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Randizzle88,Jun 8 2009, 09:28 PM
all u need to do to make them fit is make a bracket
Custom CNC made maybe
Also TL type-S bbk might work
Earlier TL that came in manual also had the brembos as well if you don't want to source the type-S. Also, if you're utilizing the stock rotors, it'll make it even harder as the bracket is going to cause the caliper and rotor to conflict.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by tsukubaSpec,Jun 8 2009, 09:54 PM
I like headaches !!!
haha, as long as you know what you're getting into
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM

What you want to do is compile a list of rotors that each of those calipers can accept, width and diameter-wise. Obviously with width, you can shave down the pads accordingly, but with the diameter, they usually have a small deviance of MM.

Once that is done, try to find a two-piece rotor that comes close to stock hub spacing for the center hat and then space the caliper accordingly through a custom bracket. If everything goes well, the only thing custom would be the bracket (instead of the bracket and possibly the rotor hat which would be decently difficult...and expensive).

Maybe try to see what rotors that BBK manufacturers for the s2k use (rotora, stoptech,wilwood,brembo, etc) and see if they have one similar in size (matching to the caliper) and rotor hat offset (matching the s2000 stock hub spacing).

This is just a rough idea in my head so my apologies for any discrepancies. Hope this helps!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM

yep it does help!! thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 PM

also for two piece rotors, you can play around with the hub spacing of the hat if the manufacturer you go with has various applications (example being that you grab a hat from a lexus IS) and put it onto correctly sized rotor. something to look into as well
Old 06-08-2009, 11:35 PM

so the STI brembo use 223x30mm rotors
i saw rotara 6 pistons bbk for s2000 use a 330x30mm rotor ...
do u think i can use those rotor size on a caliper who usually operate on 323x30mm?

is it right

350z rotor size is 12.8x1.18 so around 326x30mm
STI rotor size seems to be the same as the 350z...
im not sure about the evo yet didnt have time to check, i think they are just thicker..

Quick Reply: Sti/evo, 350z/CTR brembo calipers upgrade question