JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

t1r Power Header For the S2k...

Old 11-08-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Incorrect. T1r is owned by AJ-Racing. They make high quality parts manufactured in Japan. Therefore, I would say that they are JDM.

Ryan
Old 11-08-2006, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just because something is made in japan doesn't make it JDM in the context of which we are speaking... T1R products aren't in Hyper-Rev, and Hyper-Rev is the JDM Bible
Old 11-08-2006, 11:39 AM

Please do dyno runs with the header only and no add-ons (test pipe, exhaust, intake, etc.).
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Man I must be totally out of it then cause I thought T1R was Type One Racing from Japan!

Anyhow I like it!!! Price and availiblity would be nice.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jonathanschley,Nov 8 2006, 12:29 PM
just because something is made in japan doesn't make it JDM in the context of which we are speaking... T1R products aren't in Hyper-Rev, and Hyper-Rev is the JDM Bible
We do not wish to pay to have our parts inside the JDM "BIBLE" since 99% of the magazine is bought locally in Japan and all of our customers are in N. America and Europe. Also a lot of USDM parts will not fit on JDM cars without the proper supporting mods. Our goal is to provide high quality parts Stateside and not within Japan.

Dickson
Old 11-08-2006, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by DC_AP1,Nov 8 2006, 02:30 PM
We do not wish to pay to have our parts inside the JDM "BIBLE" since 99% of the magazine is bought locally in Japan and all of our customers are in N. America and Europe. Also a lot of USDM parts will not fit on JDM cars without the proper supporting mods. Our goal is to provide high quality parts Stateside and not within Japan.

Dickson
well said
Old 11-08-2006, 05:30 PM

God all this JDM talk is giving me a headache. Bump for a badass header. Can't wait for the info.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Oct 22 2006, 08:35 PM
T1R is quasi-JDM, right? It's all made in Japan, but then AJ-R owns it and sells it all over the world. So it's the same quality as many other JDM parts, just without quite as much of a jacked-up price.

So basically, depends what you're after. If you're buying JDM parts because you want the best quality parts, then T1R fits the bill. If you're buying JDM parts to have the rarest parts out there, then T1R probably isn't what you're looking for.
Funny!

So you think all JDM stuff is made in Japan?!

Ever heard about Taiwan ?!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^I know what you mean and that's what I was trying to touch on -- people initially started buying JDM parts because they were of better quality, and that meant the parts produced in Japan.

There are a few companies out there that people think are "soooooo JDM" that are really made in Taiwan, I won't mention them for obvious reasons, but I would never touch their parts.

That's the beauty of going JDM -- if you know what you're doing then you have one of (if not the) highest-quailty setups available while being very exclusive, and if you don't then you just look ricer and I get to laugh at you .
Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by stocky,Nov 8 2006, 06:38 PM
Funny!

So you think all JDM stuff is made in Japan?!

Ever heard about Taiwan ?!
I don't need to think, I DO know.

Tein is manufactered in Thailand and assembled in Japan.
Buddy Club is now made and manufactered in Taiwan.
Endless is manufactered in Malaysia and assembled in Japan.

I can name a lot more.

JDM purely means a part that is sold within Japan, not where it's manufactered or assembled from.

Also, just because it's made in Taiwan or somewhere out of Japan, the part will suck. I can name a few manufacturers that can weld titanium with the same craftsmanship of Amuse, Top Secret or even J's.

Dickson

Quick Reply: t1r Power Header For the S2k...