JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Toda ITB's

Old 05-10-2005, 04:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hksupersi,May 10 2005, 01:10 AM
i'm planning on running itbs too. if i do i would get these for daily driven.

the pics are not of a s2k but pretty sure they have em for about every car.
thats very helpfull...i wasn't aware they made something like that...
Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it should also be noted that if you do not have another car to drive while you are setting up the itb's you shouldn't be installing them. they are not something you just smack on and drive off. there is a lot of work and tuning involved.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by DesertRat,May 8 2005, 12:46 PM
Maybe Hayward can help you out?

It is good that you plan more than just ITBs, imho the minimum entry requirement would be stand-alone engine management (AEM EMS, Motec etc.). Also, in case you are interested, as per the AEM manual ITBs should be tuned on throttle position / rpm.
Minimum entry requirement? It's a necessity there is no possible way you can get the engine to run using a stock ECU.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:04 PM

all i can say about the toda ITBs are that i have tried to get them and they wont sell them/arent for sale. I think it is a little ridiculous that everyone talks about them and how great they are when as far as i know NO ONE has them . Personally i think im gonna go with the TWM ones hayward is overpriced and they are made by Jenevy. For my application bigger is better. That being said almost 3K for 50mm Haywards or 52mmTWMs for a little over 2K. I think the TWM is the best option for me maybe not everyone. Plus i can get CF air horns from them ->thats not the reason im buying them though. Like i sated earlier size and the longer runner is why i preffer them. I will be using these very soon and im as excited as a little school girl about it

P.S props on the new section whoever was behind it. i like it!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by white_S2000@16,May 10 2005, 06:04 PM
all i can say about the toda ITBs are that i have tried to get them and they wont sell them/arent for sale. I think it is a little ridiculous that everyone talks about them and how great they are when as far as i know NO ONE has them . Personally i think im gonna go with the TWM ones hayward is overpriced and they are made by Jenevy. For my application bigger is better. That being said almost 3K for 50mm Haywards or 52mmTWMs for a little over 2K. I think the TWM is the best option for me maybe not everyone. Plus i can get CF air horns from them ->thats not the reason im buying them though. Like i sated earlier size and the longer runner is why i preffer them. I will be using these very soon and im as excited as a little school girl about it

those air box pics i posted are made by twm.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 PM

right. what does that have to do with what i said im lost???
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by white_S2000@16,May 10 2005, 07:14 PM
right. what does that have to do with what i said im lost???
when i post those pics i didn't mention the brand name. when reading what u said u reminded me who made them.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by white_S2000@16,May 10 2005, 09:04 PM

Hayward's are not made by Jenvey, they are made by Hayward. Lance also sells Jenvey products, that's probably why you're confused. Why don't you contact him? He can make them in any size, and I believe he made 52mm for learnerspermit. The TWM ones I believe keep the idle control valve, which Hayward, Toda, and Jenvey don't if I remember right. But as stated before by someone else, most tuners recommend tuning using TPS not idle control for ITBs. When you say longer runner you mean the horns? The size is representative of the opening not the length of the horns. So I am confused as to what you mean by longer.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=turbo_pwr,May 11 2005, 01:49 AM] Minimum entry requirement?
Old 05-11-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,May 10 2005, 11:12 PM
Hayward's are not made by Jenvey, they are made by Hayward. Lance also sells Jenvey products, that's probably why you're confused. Why don't you contact him? He can make them in any size, and I believe he made 52mm for learnerspermit. The TWM ones I believe keep the idle control valve, which Hayward, Toda, and Jenvey don't if I remember right. But as stated before by someone else, most tuners recommend tuning using TPS not idle control for ITBs. When you say longer runner you mean the horns? The size is representative of the opening not the length of the horns. So I am confused as to what you mean by longer.
sorry, my vocabulary isnt as technical as it should be and is hard to follow look at the pick i posted up the red line i drew over the twm itbs is the "runner length" hopefully you have a better wod for it but looking at teh pic i put in of the haywards im wondering if the twm are actally longer as i dont have measurements for either im just going by pictures. Also the reason i though haywards are made by jenevey is because on jenevy's site tehy have the EXACT ones hayward does so i thought jenevy was supllying hayward theres,maybe im wrong could you clarrify this??

Quick Reply: Toda ITB's