JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

Yahoo Auctions, Japan

Old 06-18-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhyW
My seat shipped Friday Japan time, Thursday US - arrived today at the local post office, it gets picked up tomorrow.

So about 6 days with a weekend thrown in there, not bad!
What seat are you buying? If you don't mind telling cost?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a Japanese dealer from his listing on Ebay for spoon rigid collars because I was keen on getting the Spoon Rear Control arm.

All dealers at states side wants $700 for the pair. Those guys sourced it from Spoon shipped with DHL for under 6. It's probably still worthed for them since the strong US dollar.

Also, Japanese co. customer service is just unbeatable. I bet you guys have even better pricing with direct Sun-land connections. Care to share the ?
Old 06-18-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tsuyoshi
Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1434501741' post='23650664
My seat shipped Friday Japan time, Thursday US - arrived today at the local post office, it gets picked up tomorrow.

So about 6 days with a weekend thrown in there, not bad!
What seat are you buying? If you don't mind telling cost?
I picked up a Bride Stradia Japan edition. Nobody really carries them in the states.

I need to tally up the full cost but the basic breakdown is:
Seat wholesale price- 130000Y >>Right around $1kUSD
Jesse's profit plus shipping plus paypal fees- 31000Y >>$260USD

So door to door I paid under $1,300 for the seat when I was quoted $1,860 before tax, before shipping from a US distributor. That's a savings of over $500.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesse Streeter is the man. I got some Weds Sports good sizing for cheaper than used xxr's. His service charge is very fair also.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM

I thought I'd update this with how the seat arrived and how it was boxed, and well the seat. 10/10 working with Jesse, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:41 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

can anyone give me a heads up on how the process works with Streeter please?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Email him the link and what youre willing to pay. He may/may not have you send half the bid up front. If you win, you'll pay the remaining balance once he has the item in hand and ready to ship. His fees arent out there in the open but I think he charged me around $100 for a set of wheels. On top of tire dismount, shipping etc. your total price will greatly depend on the size of the item.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by AE_Racer
Email him the link and what youre willing to pay. He may/may not have you send half the bid up front. If you win, you'll pay the remaining balance once he has the item in hand and ready to ship. His fees arent out there in the open but I think he charged me around $100 for a set of wheels. On top of tire dismount, shipping etc. your total price will greatly depend on the size of the item.
thank you, it is what i felt the process was. but just wanted to be sure.

this opens doors
Old 07-14-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by TEASPOONGUY
Originally Posted by AE_Racer' timestamp='1436829236' post='23679460
thank you, it is what i felt the process was. but just wanted to be sure.

this opens doors
I'd like to piggy back on this if I may.

If you want an item in general, he can also buy it direct from most manufacturers. He works with ASM, Bride, etc. He can typically get wholesale pricing you just have to ask and see if he can get it for that particular item. Once you know what you want either you've won the bid or want him to order a part for you, then he needs the payment for the item only. Once he gets the item in hand, you pay him his commission and shipping fees. For me, his commission was less than $80 due to the exchange rate. He's very good about breaking down the cost for you though.

He ships after he receives your final payment for shipping, and it arrives in about 6 days. I had to pick up from the post office, but most items should ship direct to your door depending on size. I highly recommend the guy, he's trustworthy and he runs a solid business. All payment was via paypal and you are able to pay in USD. He's pretty quick on email responses as well.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Just google his name. His site will pop up with all the info and how to contact him.

Quick Reply: Yahoo Auctions, Japan