The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

East Coast Trip!

Old 06-21-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default East Coast Trip!

Hey there folks!

I will be driving from Toronto to Cape Breton and back again in the first two weeks of October in my S2k.

Anyone got any suggestions for places to go for gorgeous views? My gf and I will be going so keep that in mind as well.

So far I've got:
- Summerside
- Magnetic Hill
- Hartland Bridge
- Cape Breton
- Perce Rock (I know that's QC and not NB)

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summerside alone is not worth the bridge fair, hit up the coastal roads like rte 12 or cavendish to stanhope etc. All depends how long you want to stay on PEI.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:02 PM

You wouldn't by chance be coming up with Eric would you? He comes to the cabbot trail every fall
Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cirq
You wouldn't by chance be coming up with Eric would you? He comes to the cabbot trail every fall
Eric N.? No. I do compete against him in our local autocross series. We're literally 0.05 to 0.1s apart.

Summerside was a request from my co-pilot so I'm doing it. It might not be much for you guys but for someone who's landlocked in a concrete jungle, it's a refreshing sight.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by Cirq' timestamp='1466827375' post='24001993
Eric N.? No. I do compete against him in our local autocross series. We're literally 0.05 to 0.1s apart.

Summerside was a request from my co-pilot so I'm doing it. It might not be much for you guys but for someone who's landlocked in a concrete jungle, it's a refreshing sight.
is there something (someone) specific they want to see in summerside? The beauty of our island is you can cover a lot of ground quickly... there is not much in summerside, but you'll enjoy the north shore and it's worth the trip into charlottetown.

given the stops you have planned are you planning to come through New Brunswick, across the bridge to PEI, then take the ferry to Nova Scotia to hit up the Cabot Trail?
Old 07-01-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peggys Cove, and Cape Split if you want a nice hike.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by dave_
is there something (someone) specific they want to see in summerside? The beauty of our island is you can cover a lot of ground quickly... there is not much in summerside, but you'll enjoy the north shore and it's worth the trip into charlottetown.

given the stops you have planned are you planning to come through New Brunswick, across the bridge to PEI, then take the ferry to Nova Scotia to hit up the Cabot Trail?
It's really more for nostalgia (re: Summerside) than anything else and given that she's willing to cramp into the S2000 with me for 5000km, I'm willing to take a detour for her.

Regarding the route, yes, I was planning to go through NB, cross the bridge to PEI and then ferry into NS for Cabot Trail.

I will definitely hit up Peggy's Cover for sure!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:40 PM

Quick question about the temperatures in the first 2 weeks of October - I am seeing 5 deg C lows at night on weathernetwork.com - will my Michelin Pilot Super Sports be useless?
Old 07-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Check out hopewell rocks in New Brunkswick. Really nice drive to get there
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Quick question about the temperatures in the first 2 weeks of October - I am seeing 5 deg C lows at night on weathernetwork.com - will my Michelin Pilot Super Sports be useless?
October can be hit or miss for temps, but I don't think you will have issues.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trip!