The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

What are you working on/ What did you get today

Old 07-27-2015, 04:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are you working on/ What did you get today

Figured it is about time we get some more discussion going in this sub forum. So here is something to chat about what you are working on or what you have purchased for your car recently.

I recently ordered a Billman Gen X TCT to do the change before I get any noise given my higher mileage. Also the car just through a code PO302 which is a misfire on Cylinder 2. However the engine has not been running rough or abnormal. I have to start by checking the coil, then plugs, and hope that its not a valvetrain issue. Going to be doing my valve adjustment this week as well to ensure everything is still good.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also thinking about putting a new TCT, I have 221k. I don't have any noise either.

I do have a very severe oil issue tho. I am assuming my valve seals are bad. It burns blue under vacuum, I am topping up my oil ever week. I think I may have to pull the head this fall and send it out to for a rebuild

I may just freshen up the bottom end at the same time, or at lease get it all checked over.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:25 PM

Luckily I haven't had any oil issues and my engine is at 206,000. Swapped out the TCT today, swapped coil plugs around and still no CEL coming back. Just have to do a valve adjustment and ill be on the road again.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Sweet! you are lucky yours does not have that issue. I find it more embarrassing then anything.. The car works fine, but when I leave a light with a huge cloud of smoke behind me it feels horrible. I can't wait to fix it!
Old 07-30-2015, 02:35 PM

Where would you send the head off to get rebuilt? I considered doing mine given the mileage but decided to wait until something actually happens "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Not to mention the exchange rate is killing me on parts at the moment so I will be delaying some mods. Also picked up a 77 Ford bronco that has been stealing some funds from my s2000.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 AM

I am actually sending it up to Teknotik in Ontario. I deal with Eric all the time for parts for my Integra and Civic. I plan on shipping it up at the end of October when I park the car for the season. As for the block, I may have a local buddy just check it over and possible put new rings and bearings. At the same time I will change out the TCT.

Man does it ever suck! I haven't bought anything from the states in so long... I really hope our dollar goes back up.

77 Bronco, wow those are cool. I watched a Bronco build on Fast and Loud very sweet rigs.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 PM

Just got the valve adjustment done today, also used some carb cleaner on the throttle body to get rid of the CAI "whistle" noise. Car definitely feels better after the adjustment, pretty much every valve was a little bit off granted not by much.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:49 PM

When is everyone going to be taking their cars off the road? Any plans for over the winter?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i did the tensioner earlier this summer....

as for storage... my plate is good till the end of november... so i aim to go as long as i can!
Old 10-05-2015, 02:38 PM

Well Circuit Garage flares and Duckbill should be shipped out Thursday this week. Also picked up a set of Spoon sub-frame collars and new Spoon bushings for the suspension. Plan on dropping the sub-frames in the spring and cleaning up the suspension repainting and doing bushings. Now I just have to get a new set of wheels and tires, a few more suspension goodies (Buddy Club camber kits) and I should be all set for next year.

Quick Reply: What are you working on/ What did you get today