The Maritimes Areas of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island

What are you working on/ What did you get today

Old 03-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep going back and forth to be honest. So hopefully by the time I get back I make a decision!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya wheels are defiantly a hard choice. It's almost like a one time purchase since they are so expensive lol.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:11 PM

Yeah thats the thing, also with the way the dollar is it makes the decision that much harder. Tempted to buy a cheap set with good fitment until the dollar gets better then upgrade.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:01 AM

That might be a better choice, the dollar is defiantly low.

Have you considered a used set from the import shops in Montreal? That is where I get most of my authentic parts for a decent price.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this kinda count?
thinking about doing a small run of vinyl about 3.5" circles.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:32 PM

collected a few parts over the winter. Unfortunately, I've been lazy and haven't installed any of them yet :P

Ballade sports 330mm front and rear rotors
Ballade sports oil pan baffle
Ballade sports solid steering rack bushings
Ballade sports seat belt extender
Ballade sports air pump bypass
Carbon air ducts for AP1 bumper

but I guess the biggest thing i got was another S2k..

Yes, I have a problem.
yellow car is an '01 I picked up in Nova Scotia for a decent price. The original plan was to gut it and use it as a track only car that would eventually be set up for time attack.. Now, I don't know, may just fix it up a bit and resell it.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 AM

Nice collection on parts, love the cf ducts I wouldn't mind a set for my s2000.

I seen that car for sale I think last year, great deal for sure. Hope you get rid of that hideous black lip lol.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:35 PM

haha, the lips is definitely getting painted. .
Old 04-10-2020, 08:31 AM

Might be getting cabin fever, so I figured I'd post an update on my winter upgrades and maintenance items so far this winter for something to do. Things have somewhat snowballed out of control, as being stuck at home has led to a few extra purchases.

first on the list was a bit of weight reduction. I hardly ever turn the A/C on, so I figured I might as well remove it. While I was at it, I also removed the air pump. The pump itself doesn't really weight too much, but by removing it, I was able to clean up a lot of lines and hoses in the engine bay. Ballade sports makes a patch kit that you wire in to stop any DTCs from being set. Condenser, compressor, evaporator, air pump and all the lines added up to 29lbs.

Next on the weight cut was the battery. After some research, I found that Deka makes some lightweight and affordable batteries.
OE battery: 26lbs
Deka: 11.2lbs

After an engine fire this past summer while autocrossing, I was forced to removed the factory heat shields on my header. I really didn't like to look of it without the heat shields, and didn't feel like it was worth dropping some serious money on a good header. instead I removed the header, cut all the extra flanges off (.8lbs! lol), and wrapped it with header wrap.

I had read some threads on here about the Ballade sports oil pan baffle rubbing on the insides of the oil pan, potentially causing aluminium filings to make their way into the oil. I removed the pan and checked, and sure enough, it too was rubbing. I ended up trimming down the baffle and reinstalling it.

Rebuilt the shifter assembly. there wasn't really a reason to this, it was working fine, but the parts were cheap, so why not?

Replaced an idler pulley. while removing the A/C I noticed the bearings were getting a little noisy.

Installed some fresh Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires in 255/40/17. I was tempted to try out the new Advans, as they are supposed to be faster, but I wasn't too sure how they perform in the wet or cooler temperatures so I decided to stick with what I know. Plus, the 'stones are cheaper.

Password:jdm carbon kevlar intake. I've been wanting this for a while, and decided to pull the trigger when PWJDM offered 40% off during black friday sales. For anyone that has never purchased their carbon parts before, the quality control is somewhat lacking. I knew this going in, but bought it anyways because, well, it looks dope. When it arrived, it was missing half the hardware, fitment was certainly not the best, each kevlar piece has a slightly different finish, and to top it off... no stickers! After the install, I realized that the factory hood prop can no longer be used. A quick order to Teknotik, and I had a set of NRG hood dampers to fix that issue.

Pressed in some new Hardrace compliance bushings. Both front and rear upper control arm bushings, and front lower shock bushings on order as well, but due to being on back order, will be a project for a later date. Bought new end links for the front Karcepts sway bar, as the old ones had developed some play and were rattling .

My order from Amsoil showed up the other day, so fresh fluid is on the menu as well.

Still waiting on more parts to arrive, Battery post adapters for the Deka, the previously mentioned Hardrace bushings, a Karcepts rear sway bar, custom rate and length swift springs for the front as well as new spring perches from KW suspension. Hopefully they will come in soon, so I can get this on the road and driving!