Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

ap1 engine for sale

Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ap1 engine for sale

Will be having an ap1 engine for sale in the next couple of days, will be dropping off the car at the local shop here probably on wednesday or thurs night.

reason for selling: got a nice deal for a new block. always wanted to get this route since i bought my car and was just waiting for the right time. -- I couldnt afford a new s2k, so in my mind this is the next best thing.
(was originally going for an ap2 engine set, but i'll settle for an ap2 transmission and ap1 engine ) -- will be going turbo in the near future after the breakin. as well..

condition
50k miles; runs smooth and strong, anyone wanting to see how it runs is welcome to give it a test drive (to those who are local or know someone in tampa). For those who won't be able to see it before i take out the engine, I made a video just last night to show how it runs. (i'll be posting this by the weeked as well)

I'll be running a compression test on the motor and will take pics of each and every component (cylinder walls, head,etc)... Then I should be able to set a finalized selling price, but will probably go between 1k to 2k, depending on how things look. Once again, can't set the exact price until I do the compression tests, and inspect all the parts.

Won't come with valve cover or intake manifold though.

The motor will be pulled out probably on thurs or fri, pls let me know if you would like to see it run in person or you know someone locally that could take a look at it. Thanks for looking
Old 12-04-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very good deal here. bump for you
Old 12-04-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow where were you when I blew my motor a few weeks ago.. I have my car at 2nr werks right now getting a rebuild...