Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Brand New Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring

Old 02-26-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring

I'll start with the story as to why I am selling this. You can skip down the paragraph if you don't care.

[Start Rant]
I got engaged at the beginning of January. Things were great at first, but I got hit hard this past week by her (Laura). First we postponed the wedding last week. She wanted to wait until we gave things more time to make sure it was right. Both rings were purchased, her wedding dress was purchased, the place to hold the ceremonies was paid for. HUGE hassle to backtrack. Then, last night (Frday night the 25th) she comes over to tell me shes no longer happy. She drops off the engagement ring and that was the end of it. Gordon's Jewelers (http://www.gordonsjewelers.com/) has a 30-day refund policy and 90- day exchange. Ive missed the 30 day by a few weeks. I cannot tell you how mad I was this afternoon when I found out I cant get back the $3400 some-odd dollars I spent. This is on top of the emotional stress I've been dealing with.
[/End Rant]

Anyways, So here I am attempting to sell these beautiful pieces. I picked them myself and they were beautiful! I picked them at the same time because I love how the two pieces complemented each other. I bought the engagement ring, though on th 9th of January and the wedding ring on the 16th, after Laura got to see it and give her approval. Below are a lot of pictures of these things. Buying expensive jewelry like this is a big deal, so I included as many pictures of the rings and the warranties and everything as possible so that you know its a real deal. And if you have more questions I'll be glad to answer them.

The rings: Both are white gold. Both have CTW (total carrat weight) of over 1 CTW.

Selling Prices: OK, as you can see from the receipts below, I got these things for a good price off retail. I went back to the store today and these rings are back to retail price. I will sell them for what I paid for them (cost already off of retail by 25% on the engagement ring and 30% off the wedding ring) PLUS I'll take off another 10%. Thats a heck of a deal. Anyways, here's all the pics. They are all large pictures, please click on them for full resolution to really see the rings well! And even then it of course doesnt do them justice. Anyone who has shopped for these things know that these will always look better in person.

Payment Methods: I will accept checks, money orders, cash. Also, I have a PayPal account and will accept Paypal transfers and payment with a credit card via PayPal.

Engagement Ring: $2114 (25% off retail - my 10% off)

Wedding Ring: $841 (30% off retail - my 10% off)

Overall shot

Warranty pamplet cover (both rings)

Warranty pamphlet inside (both rings)

Engagement ring receipt

Wedding ring receipt

Engagement Ring Pictures

Wedding Ring Pictures

That covers it I guess. Please PM me with offers. If you are serious about buying BOTH, I may take some more off the price to save the hassle of selling them separate. Just let me know. Please post if you have more questions. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:32 PM

man thats tough brotha. good luck to you.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:49 PM

damn bro. dont worry its her loss fro what i can see. Good luck and im sure things will work out for you.
bump
marcus
Old 02-26-2005, 01:39 PM

Good luck man. I went through the same thing a year ago. Still haven't sold the damn ring. Sold my car though, to pay for it all
Old 02-26-2005, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CynCrvrAP1,Feb 26 2005, 01:49 PM
damn bro. dont worry its her loss fro what i can see. Good luck and im sure things will work out for you.
bump
marcus
Old 02-26-2005, 02:18 PM

sorry to hear that. hope everything works out well for you. good luck selling the ring
Old 02-26-2005, 03:03 PM

Has happened to several friends of mine lately.... sorry to hear it. Could end up being the best thing thats ever happened to you when you meet the real Mrs. You. My wife loves the ring, will ask around and see if anyone she knows will be buying soon.

James
Old 02-26-2005, 03:10 PM

Ack! Thats tough......

Ok what clarity and color are the diamond on the Engagement ring? My wife would like to switch to white gold so this would be a nice surprise for her.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:14 PM

Clarity is I1 and the color is HI
Old 02-26-2005, 04:51 PM

there's a book out that you might want to pick up (though I haven't read it myself). it's called "Honeymoon with my brother." based on a true story.

also, you might consider having the diamonds removed, and either keeping them for the woman who deserves them... or having them certified trying to sell them individually back to a diamond merchant, or on eBay. the ring might also sell better without the diamonds set in it.

sorry to say, but some people are superstitious and might not want to buy a ring that was the symbolic center of a wedding that was cancelled. which is why separating the jewels from the ring might be an option. heck, it might not be worth the expense though.

very sorry to hear about what happened to you. keep you head up, man. go out, work out, meet other girls, in short: keep yourself busy.

Quick Reply: Brand New Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring