Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats

Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats

I have for sale a set (2) of Bride Vios3 lowmax bucket seats. Seats are lightly used but in very good overall condition. The one seat (used for drivers seat previously) has slight wear on the left bolster. Also the bottom left black plastic insert where the belt would go through is broken. If it were me Id swap out the plastic insert that is on the bottom of the seat and you would never notice. Other than that, seats are in excellent condition. As anyone that is familiar with Bride seats knows, there are a ton of copies of these seats out there, some of which are very, very good.. making it extremely difficult telling the difference between the original Japanese made Brides, and the Taiwan/Canadian models. The Japanese models being $900+ per seat new, whereas the others can be had for significantly less. From what I can tell, I am fairly certain these are authentic Japanese Brides, and to be honest when I bought them I paid authentic pricing. At this point, with all the confusion lately and how good "fakes" have gotten, I cant justify that they are real. Just being honest. I have attached pictures and will be happy to supply pictures of anything else to anyone interested. Asking $1150 obo for the pair, including the side mount brackets and shipping. I will entertain any serious offer.
Attached Thumbnails Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-brides8.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-brides9.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-brides10.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-brides11.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-bride12.jpg  

Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-bride14.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-bride13.jpg   Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats-img_2691.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry you paid authentic prices for them. they are fake.

3 most obvious to me reasons are that the shells arent silver flaked, wrinkles all in the bolsters, and the fabric underneath the seats looks extremely shoddy.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 AM

I had taken the fabric off of the seats when I first got them and washed it, so the loose fitment may be due to me just reinstalling it. Bride did make a Vios in black FRP, and some of the fakes are available in the sparkle silver as well. Im not trying to defend my seats here, just in the last few weeks of my research it seems there is so much misinformation on the web about fake vs real brides. I had sent an email to an authorized bride distributor to which I had purchased my seat rails from, and he had sent me pictures of a few sets of seats he had sitting in his showroom that are authentic brides, that by some of the "standards" being thrown around people would call fake. Most noticeable is the gradation fabric on some models. Almost all of his were not perfect, and had half or more of the word bride cutoff at the top. People always say brides are perfect and that's a sure fake.. but obviously that's not always the case. But anyway, yea I paid more than Im asking for these, maybe they're fake.. maybe they're not. I cant say for certain, but if someones interested they're still nice seats. Shoot me an offer I dont want this thread to be a debate.

Originally Posted by swifbboy

3 most obvious to me reasons are that the shells arent silver flaked, wrinkles all in the bolsters, and the fabric underneath the seats looks extremely shoddy.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,601 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Means of Contact:
Description:
Price plus OBO is acceptable but no listings without an asking price.
Pictures are very helpful to your buyers.
Do not be lazy and paste a link from another webpage, such as ebay or copy and paste from another ad. Such postings will be removed.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 AM

Means of Contact: Private Message
Price: $1000 obo. Will pretty much accept any decent offer due to authenticity issues.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 AM

you can get these on ebay for under 500 shipped a pair. ill give you 400 for them
Old 07-18-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If hes including the authentic bride brackets/rails you cant even buy those for $400.. Fwiw authentic vios iii sport's have Black backs and regular vios iii have sparkle. OP does the label say vios iii sport or vios iii?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swifbboy

Bride produces black shell seats too called sport , check online
Old 07-18-2012, 03:35 PM

So are these real or fake? I'm interested.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

you are shady! are going to ignore the response i posted on your thread asking if these seats are real? you said you wanted to reupholster them, but wanted to make sure you are reupholstering authentic seats. i posted up quite a bit of information leading to these seats being fake on 7/16 and today you post them for sale as authentic? i'm not so sure about that. sounds like you found out they are fake and now are trying to offload them under false pretense.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/966...g-bride-seats/

here's my response:

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
the way the fabric sits on the seat makes it look fake to me. it's pretty loose and has wrinkles in some areas. Very unusual for a real bride seat.

Also, it looks like it's a mixture of a VIOS III sport (black FRP) with a regular VIOS III (has shoulder non-slip fabric).

Regular VIOS III should be silver glitter back with the shoulder non slip fabric and split leg cushion while VIOS III sport should be black FRP with NO non-slip fabric.

Just noticed the label says it's supped to be a regular VIOS III. (non sport). so it should have a glitter back and split leg cushion. Looks fake to me!!! sorry for the bad news. Hopefully you didn't overpay by that much...

http://www.nengun.com/bride/vios-iii-sport

The Bride Vios III Sport is a simpler fixed back seat with a lower price but maintaing the high quality that can be expected by Bride seats.

High strength FRP shell in special Black finish
Compared to the Vios III, the Vios III sport features no shoulder non-slip and a single non-split front cushion
Available only in Black Fabric
Seat Back protector recommended for vehicles with rear seats
LF rails recommended, F Series rails can also be used for vehicles where LF rails are not available
Made in Japan
More information available from the Bride Japan website under Additional Details

http://www.nengun.com/bride/vios-iii-frp

The Bride Vios III fixed back seat with FRP shell has been designed for reasonable price without sacrificing comfort, support or durability in high performance conditions.

High strength FRP shell finished in silver metallic as pictured
Split front cushion for improved leg comfort and support
Buckskin non-slip shoulder support

Available in 5 colours including the famous Bride logo gradation
Seat Back protector recommended for vehicles with rear seats
LF rails recommended, F Series rails can also be used for vehicles where LF rails are not available
Note, the photos feature the FRP shell
Made in Japan
Please see Links below for Bride Japan website for further information

Quick Reply: Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats