Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Exedy Hyper single disk and ACT clutch for sale

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exedy Hyper single disk and ACT clutch for sale

ACT is SOLD! Exedy still available.

Some of you fine folks might remember this fine thread here. where I parted ways with a SoS twin disc clutch.

Well the clutch purge extravaganza now continues with the sale of two clutches in one thread. OMG!

As before, all parts are located in the Queen Anne area of Seattle Washington.
Please contact me via PM or send an email to otaku_jhp@hotmail.com

First item I'm selling is the Exedy 'Hyper' single disc clutch kit that I mentioned briefly in the SoS thread. The kit only has a couple hundred miles on it, if that. I pretty much immediately took it off the car because it was, again, too noisy for my tastes and had a tendency to groan and chatter when trying to maneuver around a parking lot space. Also, it had the oft-mentioned deceleration buzz. If you don't mind a noisy as heck grumpy chattery clutch, you'll like this.

Here are some forum-friendly pictures and links to larger images of the kit:

Exedy High Res 1
Exedy High Res 2
Exedy High Res 3
New Bearings High Res

Price on the Exedy reduced to $700!!

Item # 2 is an old ACT disc and pressure plate that I've had bopping around my garage for billions of years. Yes that's right, I said billions. When the most advanced life on Earth was bacteria, this clutch was around, and so was my garage.
It's a bit rusty and isn't pretty to look at, but it should work fine due to the fact that it was only used for a month or so. Here are some pictures and links:

ACT High Res 1
ACT High Res 2
ACT High Res 3

Considering this thing has been floating around my garage for ages, and the plate's a bit rusty in parts, I don't really want much for it. Give me $150 for it and I'll be happy.

Payment via Paypal is fine using the 'personal other' method with the funds pre-loaded into your PayPal account to avoid excessive fees.
Shipping will be via FedEx and I'll be happy to give you a quote.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, that act is tempting. How long has this been sitting around? Why did you decide not to use it... And how long was it used?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by james0933
Hmm, that act is tempting. How long has this been sitting around? Why did you decide not to use it... And how long was it used?
OK, OK, so maybe it wasn't sitting around my garage for billions of years... It was more like 2 years.
There's no real specific reason I took this clutch off the car other than wanting a nicer system... I don't remember it being overly noisy, but I do remember the pedal effort being higher and it being harder to get into reverse sometimes (probably due to not bleeding the clutch properly). Neither were uncommon issues when swapping clutches to aftermarket.

For the pocket change price of $150, I don't think it's a big gamble really... If it doesn't work due to sitting around for too many years, I'll just send a refund and dumpster the thing.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM

You have a pm.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 AM

I believe I might have the ACT disc and plate sold locally, but I will let those that have sent PMs know if that doesn't work out.

Also, the Exedy is still available. Remember noise makers for bicycles? Well, this one is for your car. C'mon, all the cool people are doing it.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Bamp, age, and all that good crap.

Exedy still available and price reduced to $700, shipped.

Remember, noisy clutches save lives. lol
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Exedy still available. Is $700 for this too expensive, or are they just amazingly unpopular?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pff, seems like a steal to me? I just can't any chance of noise either....the cars not at that stage yet.

How's your current setup?...the SOS single?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by james0933
Pff, seems like a steal to me? I just can't any chance of noise either....the cars not at that stage yet.

How's your current setup?...the SOS single?
Current setup is fantastic. I love the SoS single disk sport clutch, I just hope it lasts or I might regret selling the SoS dual disk. I'm only putting down 311 to the road, so it should be OK.