Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Mugen FRP hardtop silverstone

Old 02-12-2003, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Mugen FRP hardtop silverstone

1 mugen FRP hardtop for sale in silverstone with side triangles painted black.

I realized that I bought the car because it is a convertible and now that i have the hardtop I don't use it as a convertible anymore so the hardtop has got to go.
The top is a complete 100 percent perfect color match in the shade, sunlight, florescent, you name it. It was sprayed with spies hecker paint. The top has only been on the car for about a week or two. All gaskets and latches have been mounted.
Remember no waiting for it to be shipped overseas, already perfect color matched paint, no shipping costs, and if you show up at my apartment I'll even help you put it on the car.

I am looking for a local buyer
2700 dollars
Old 02-12-2003, 07:05 AM

Remember
Top from Mugen 2600 dollars
spies hecker paint 550 dollars
shipping from king 300 dollars (actually less than what i paid)

Total out of pocket 3450 dollars to reproduce the same thing if you bought this top from King.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:55 AM

$2700 and local is a bit much to ask, IMHO... the last FRP Mugen hardtop I saw for sale second-hand went for $1800 on eBay, and that one had a headliner installed. Shipping also depends on the delivery address (residential vs. commerical), and could be quite a bit cheaper. Paint is also up in the air - I paid less than that to have my entire kit and wing done, though I'm friends with the guy who did it.

Nice piece though, I'm looking into one to match the hood and wing...
Old 02-12-2003, 08:08 AM

If someone sold theirs for 1800 they got ripped. I've owned this top for all of 2 weeks and im not about to take a 1000 dollar hit. I'm in no hurry to sell this top at all and will keep it unless I get a reasonable offer.

1st of all try ordering from King and see how long you have to wait to get one (2-3 months at the least)
Try finding a good body shop to spray spies hecker paint and cross your fingers that it's a perfect match
I'm not too far off in price from a factory hardtop and i'm offering to help them install it for free.
This is a great deal for someone who has a silverstone car wants a mugen top and doesn't want to go through all the rigmaroll of waiting, getting it painted, and installation.... oh yeah and not to mention what i'm asking for it. (basically getting a free paint job and free shipping)
I'd also be willing to meet someone halfway if they really wanted it.

As far as shipping goes it cost me 330 dollars to ship to a buisness address (the paint shop) as slow as it would go.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:18 AM

That price is a very fair price for the top. I paid 2500 for mine plus 300 shipping and another 650 for paint and install. Don't pass this up whoever buys it will absolutely love it!!!! Free bump
Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone did sell their's for $1800, silverbullet02 bought it. Just so you know, that person tried to sell it on this board. Do a search you'll find his threads. He was local, NYC Metro area. He wanted $2400. I know I offered him $2200 picked up as soon as he put it up for sale. He insisted I was lowballing him and that he would get his $2400. Held it for a couple more months and sold it on ebay for $1800. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember, you dont always have to go through King for Mugen parts. I know of a couple shops here that order from Mugen directly and get things within the month. I know because I have seen the parts. We also have JDM guys that bring things back from Japan and sell them at local shops. I know these guys dont go to the mainland because I have asked. Same thing with Spoon.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:45 AM

Erm yeah like maybe top secret or c-west or a few other companies, i'm happy that you can get such a good deal.... so go get them. I get this strange feeling that if everyone could find such a great price that they would already have bought the parts.
Sorry but the ablsolute cheapest for this top i've ever seen is 2400 dollars from some shady place whose name i cannot remember. Even at that price, this piece is a steal.
Last the serial number bolted to the inside is # 25... sorry but i highly doubt any of your "shops" have ever carried this piece, much less ordered one, and definately not within a month.... hell it was a month before Mugen even put the piece on the boat. Mugen just doesn't churn these tops out like some of the other companies

I'm happy for whoever got their used one for 1800 dollars but how often do you see used hardtops being sold? How many Mugen ones (only one that I can remember)?
Do you take me for a fool....
Old 02-12-2003, 10:47 AM

Do you have any pics ccarnel?
Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 AM

Yes i do I just have to get them scanned in the computer. I dont have a digital camera so I have to scan the pics

Quick Reply: FS: Mugen FRP hardtop silverstone