Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Sebring Silver OEM Hardtop Factory Hard Top - Atlanta GA

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default FS: Sebring Silver OEM Hardtop Factory Hard Top - Atlanta GA

Selling my OEM Sebring Silver hardtop. It's installed on a 2002 model. You can also have the mounting hardware if you want to uninstall it and replace anything you take with OEM parts. It's in excellent condition, not mint. Has a couple of light markings on it due to storage but nothing that won't buff out. I'll get photos up within the next few days. $2700. Will not ship, but I will help you install the hardware if you drive over. I'm willing to take AP1 wheels and tires in trade towards the top.

Email is my username @ gatech.edu - Please bump the thread if you email me. I will not respond to you unless you bump this thread. This helps me verify your identity, reduce fraud possibilities, and keep track of who is who - I have no other way to link you to your userid here.

The pictures are on the GPW. Didn't have someone to help move it to the other car. Combed over the top to look for imperfections. Tried my best with my SLR to point out any scuffs. As you can see, they are so minor they barely show in the lens. All will buff out except for a rock chip, which is pictured. Also, there seems to be a slight very very shallow dimple above the glass. It's almost impossible to see as well and may very well be a manufacturing thing. I'm an OCD product designer so I notice everything. Took a picture just in case.

HT IS SOLD

I've received several questions now about the hardtop ownership experience. Noise levels, ease of install, etc. Here are the main reasons I keep a HT on my car.

1. Rear visibility is amazing with the hardtop on. This offers increased safety while driving / changing lanes / backing up.
2. It protects your soft top from the elements. This applies to both the extreme heat of the summer and the cold of the winter.
3. It reduces wind noise. It's still noisier than a coupe, but it's less noisy than a convertible with the top up, especially at highway speeds.
4. It looks great. I never cease to get comments on the car with the hardtop on. Soft tops are ugly.
5. It doesn't depreciate. Hardtops are still going now for what they were going for 4 years ago when I bought my car. Apparently Honda stopped production of them, so less are entering the market. That being said, S2K owners are becoming less wealthy on the whole, so who knows how the price will be affected.

Hope that helps anyone who was wondering.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Updated with pictures at the request of a couple of interested parties. Top is currently on my GPW. Didn't have someone to help me move it to the Sebring for pictures.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by zakiu
Top is currently on my GPW. Didn't have someone to help me move it to the Sebring for pictures.
What a rockstar. Hopefully I find my self in the same situation sometime in the not to distant future.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for a good price!

Wish i had the funds!!
GLWS
Old 08-12-2011, 09:05 PM

4 people interested and not a single one of them posted in here to bump my thread. no more responses to anyone unless you bump!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 AM

mod fixed the issue, thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 06:38 AM

^ That's messed up. Bump for a reasonable guy and clean hardtop.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 AM

Apologies Zakiu,

It was not meant to be a thumbs down, i was only trying to find out if the Hardtop is still for sale. Not sure how that Happened. I can understand your frustration, but I did not mean to offend anyone on this site.

once again Sorry for the misunderstanding:

Moderator: Please correct this: Or delete this from his profile, as it accidentally happened.

Originally Posted by zakiu
Wow. Locoblade leaves me two negative reputations for no reason? Then comments this and emails me? What the f@#k. I understand not wanting to bump because you want to buy something and don't want anyone else to get it (dick move) but god f@#king damn, negative repping a post to keep people from seeing it? And he joined a couple months ago and has 1 whole post?

Wow.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 AM

I am interested! I will send you an e-mail shortly.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Thanks Navylights and altahina. This helps me keep track of who is who on the forum when I receive emails.

As a side note, I find it a little alarming that people on this forum are so unwelcoming and rude. I have over 1000 feedback on eBay and can easily sell anything I want to sell there, but I paid to offer my S2000 items for sale here to other enthusiasts as the board has offered me plenty of advice and help. I see no point in posting parts here if I have to be frustrated by other members for doing so.

locoblade, go bother someone else.

Quick Reply: FS: Sebring Silver OEM Hardtop Factory Hard Top - Atlanta GA