Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.

How NOT to get scammed (ideas, some common sense)

Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8thcivic also requires picture with date, time, and username.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdlope01,Apr 12 2009, 03:07 PM
I bought EvlTofu's roll cage last Monday and he was keeping me updated on the status but a I have not heard from him in 4 days. I am giving him a chance I will wait a few more days before I take more serious actions.
what did he have to keep you updated on?
Why does it take someone over 4 days to ship something. Take serious action NOW. There is no excuse.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by FuzzieLogik,Apr 15 2009, 01:33 PM
what did he have to keep you updated on?
Why does it take someone over 4 days to ship something. Take serious action NOW. There is no excuse.
yeah its been like 2 weeks since i heard from this kid and I still have seen no roll cage paypal is working on the issue.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM

good, people like him need a good ass beating.They all end up being stupid punks behind a computer with no balls. Sissys..
Old 04-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex_AP1,Jun 23 2008, 03:28 AM
so a guy from Maine wants to buy my car without seeing it in person but saw the pics. He also said he'd cover the shipping since he has a reputable shipping company out here. Too good to be true u think?
Dont do it! Im the only one allowed to have an S in Maine
Old 05-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Internet Crime Complaint Center

Never used it myself but everything seems legit:

Got this from H-I:

Not all deals go accordingly so if you feel you have been the victim of a scam this is an option that you have to try and recover you losses. It is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. An address is important in these situations so be sure to keep one around too and possibly a receipt also. Hopefully nobody will need this but we don't live in a perfect world.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was thinking that a "BUDDY" system, could be done, whereby If say I were a buyer I could if not sure PM say some of the members on from this thread or yes someone local and ask if they or what sort of experience they have had with the seller.

I personally have had 3 positive experiences so far with buying of members and once got warned by someone else they wrote "buyer beware" in a preceding post after I expressed interest. That thread ended up closing.....I wonder why!

Would anybody here like to become my "BUDDY"?

Stay safe.
xoz
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thought Modifry was a good vendor guess not. Never got my part and wont return any emails. Never buy from him again
Old 12-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased many things and to date don't have a paypal account. I use the Interact Money Transfer which puts money into the sellors bank account directly. All you need to know is the email address of the sellor.

when he logs into his bank account a notice will be there asking him to accept the money transfer..., Money appears right away. If they don't accept the transfer within said number of days, the transfer is cancelled and no money changes hands.

It is a great way to purchase as long as you trust the sellor however I don't think there is ANY way to guarantee the sellor is in good faith.

To the poster above..., Modifry is a good sellor and a heck of a nice guy. He supported and sent sponsorship for the Poker Run I put on this summer to send handicapped kids to camp. Try him again...,

I have the stereo adapter and it works great! PM me and I will forward on his personal email..., again Bob is good people!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM

S2ki members:

I just recently posted my car on Autotrader and got a call from Pacific Honda in San Diego (I'm located in Redondo Beach, BTW). Right off the bat they are offering me a price for the vehicle. I spoke with the used car buyer and the certified Honda director - they both have legit #'s that trace back to Pacific Honda. What do you all think - SCAM or Legit?? Here's the e-mail from the director:

It was a pleasure to talk with you this afternoon. As we discussed, we will purchase your vehicle (2006 Honda S2000, vin.#JHMAPxxxxxxxxxxxx, 39,000 MILES) for a price range of $17,000.00 to $17,500.00., depending upon condition. If we are able to come to agreement, we will issue check, same day, and pay for one day rental car back home. If we are unable to make agreement, we will fill your gas tank for drive back home. I understand your concerns, but you can count on a easy, and comfortable experience. Thank youfor the opportunity

Best Regards,
Michael Wilkes
Pacific Honda
Certified Director
mwilkes@pacifichonda.com
Ph. 858-694-1000 ext 1101
cell 619-247-6272

Quick Reply: How NOT to get scammed (ideas, some common sense)