Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

OEM S2000 soft top (great condition of plastic....

Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Default OEM S2000 soft top (great condition of plastic....

This soft top has about 16,4-- miles on it. The plastic window is clear as can be....I have polished it out and needs only a clear window tint to keep it in this condition. If a tinted window is more your flavor, a tinted applique can work as well.

There are no rips, tears, etc. The metal "fishing" line is still in the seams of the top so uninstalling yours and installing this one on should be a breeze.

This is a perfect replacement if yours has been slashed or is tearing due to use. I'll sell it cheaper than your insurance will cover it for (hence you put ins. money in YOUR pocket) and will allow you to retain the original design of your '00-'01 S2000. No need to go with the wimpy, toned down from hard core sports car glass back windows with defroster and such.

I've used the tinted one on my soft top for over 4 years which has kept my window crystal clear. The applique is available at home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Menards. It's a static cling tint used for home window, but work great for the plastic soft top window.

I will be taking best offer for this soft top. Buy with confidence, I will ship at additional fees. Stay true to the S2000 design philosophy and by the top that will retain the minimalist nature of the true "S" cars.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:48 AM

Old 08-22-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how tough is the install? ive read the install instructions for switching from plastic to glass tops, but havent seen any for just replacing the original top
Old 08-22-2005, 09:02 AM

It's not too difficult. The hardest part is getting all the plastic interior out from the soft top window well area.

Once the plastic is out, the whole soft top assembly bolts out in a matter of 15-20 minutes. You take out the whole assembly, and then just undo the ties that hold the top onto the soft-top skeleton.

Then unhook the guide wire that connects to the soft top motor.

Separate the top from the skeleton. Now go in reverse order until you have the whole soft top frame and cover put back together. Reassemble the top onto the car.

Next, put the top in the up and down positions a few times. Let the top loosen up from the mounting points where it needs to, and take note at the areas where it's too loose. In these areas, pull the top tight by readjusting the "ties" (you have to tuck the top fabric into the "ties" a bit deeper).

Check the top again. Once everything looks good, re-install all the plastic pieces.

It takes about an hour to take off the soft top assembly in complete (including skinning the top off of the frame). It takes about an hour and a half to re-install (including re-skinning the new top to the frame). Then give yourself about 30 mintues to adjust the soft top.

Hope this helped.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is this tint film you use? Please elaborate on this... And it works for folding plastic windows?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Luder94,Aug 22 2005, 12:45 PM
I will be taking best offer for this soft top.
is there any starting offer, as i have no clue what something like this would go for.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM

I'm sure that this isn't necessary since Urmil is very popular on this board, but Urmil is byfar, one of the best guys i've done business with. Btw, I'm somewhat new to the board but have done MANY transactions on honda-tech.com
Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 AM

Sold to ME!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Pending sale!!!

....I will consider it completely sold once I get payment (I still need to verify) AND soft top is delivered to buyer's satisfaction.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:34 AM

I'M interested in the top if the transaction doesnt go true.

Quick Reply: OEM S2000 soft top (great condition of plastic....