S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/member-s2000-classifieds-sale-107/)
-   -   Required template to use for all marketplace listings (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/member-s2000-classifieds-sale-107/required-template-use-all-marketplace-listings-1074910/)

sam_spider 03-05-2014 08:52 AM

Required template to use for all marketplace listings

All Listings will follow the templates below or will be locked/removed without notice.

Location State must be in the thread title (NOT the subtitle). This rule is because viewing this forum in the IB app or on mobile devices doesn't show the secondary title line.

TITLE EXAMPLES:

"CA - Garage Sale - seats, exhaust, misc" - You may include your screen name in the Garage Sale threads
"MI - greddy exhaust"
(Please note you DO NOT have to list every item to you have for sale in the title)

RULE #1

New Format of Selling:
(Copy and paste in the EXACT same order)

FS: ***This info should be at the top of the thread before pictures***

Thread Title Example: "CA - Garage Sale - seats, exhaust, misc" / "MI - greddy exhaust"

First Post Must contain the following information
First Name: <---- Leave this out, Automatic Lock
Price: (Firm/OBO) <---- Leave this out, Automatic Lock. Bogus Price, Automatic Lock. No Price, Make me an offer..Automatic Lock
Contact: Email? PM? Phone? <---- Leave this out, Automatic Lock

(copy and paste above)

For WTT:

Items you have to trade:
Items you want: <---- Leave this out, Automatic Lock
Contact: Email? PM? Phone? <---- Leave this out, Automatic Lock

(copy and paste EXACTLY above)

__________________________________________________ __________________

RULE #2

If you are selling MULTIPLE items.. You can make a "GARAGE SALE" thread, this is not a requirement only a suggestion.

Proper way: "CA - Garage Sale - seats, exhaust, misc"

This is much easier, less threads, and people will click more to see your new updates out of curiosity.
You may also post your screen name in the title - "speedy bob - Garage Sale thread" for example.
__________________________________________________ _________________

RULE #3

***YOU MAY NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS.. ONLY 1 WORD CAN BE IN CAPS TO HIGHLIGHT WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY OR SELL. TYPING IN ALL CAPS CAN BE VERY VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING AS YOU CAN SEE. (AUTOMATIC LOCK)

__________________________________________________ __________________
RULE #4

#2 You may not use ANY "******FS*****, *&&^^LOOK HERE&^%$$ (In the main TOPIC TITLE)

No " !@#$%^&*()" or any characters on the MAIN TOPIC LINE. (AUTOMATIC LOCK)
__________________________________________________ _________________
RULE #5
Pictures are required for all listings (some exceptions to this) and include a piece of paper with your screen name and date.

We will start locking threads, if its not in this format. This will make it a lot easier for buyers to identify.

Complete Marketplace Rules are here - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/457...fore-you-post/

Members do not have a limit on the amount of for sale threads they are allowed.

Stratocaster 03-27-2014 01:04 PM

I have got to say that this rule is the hardest one to understand

Location City/State must be in the thread title, the first title line. This rule is because viewing this forum in the IB app or on mobile devices doesn't show the secondary title line.

This makes the title too long, obscures what is actual for sale and makes it hard on the eyes.

Can we not just enforce the existing rules to put this same data in the first post?

Manga_Spawn 03-28-2014 09:17 AM

No the location must be in the thread title. Generally if there is multiple things for sale the title should just read garage sale with maybe a few items called out. You don't need to list EVERY item that is for sale in the topic. The location in the title is also an easy way for us to see if the rules have been followed.

learnerspermit 04-17-2014 05:42 AM

I dont understand why we need to include the city state in the title either, it has worked fine for the past years. To me this is just an added unnecessary subject for the moderators to moderate and enforce (i.e. "Its just an easy way to see if the rules are followed"). If I was looking for something local I would go to a regional forum I thought that is what they are for anyways? Otherwise its great info in the thread post that doesn't really matter much because 99% of the items I and probably most sell and buy get shipped. And the FS forum doesn't move as fast as it has in past years. I personally find it a waste of space and useless to me in the title and causing it to me cumbersome browsing through the forum shopping. Im sure a valid reason exists for this change like everything else.
I don't normally post in these topics but most of you on here know that Ive spent the past 11 years or so doing business in the For Sale forum even if I don't post in other threads as much. This caught me off guard the other day about this change.

sam_spider 04-23-2014 09:22 AM

Update. State abbreviation only in the thread title, not city & state.

CA = California

AL = Alabama

TN = Tennessee

Etc....

freq 06-05-2014 05:34 AM

Just a thought......

People just never seem to lock their threads, either because their lazy, they don't know how or they forget about their own FS thread.

What is FS threads auto-locked after say 45 days until the seller either replied or unlocked the thread?

I know, the software won't support it but it's a thought.

g0g3tt4 08-25-2014 07:17 AM

Do you even look for corrections?

Manga_Spawn 08-26-2014 12:13 PM

Yes we look for corrections however if it isn't done within a reasonable amount of time (generally leave it for 24 hours or longer) then the thread gets removed. Also if a thread is just completely lacking most of all info it gets dumped as spam. IE "I gotz some SwEET Volcs you interested PM me" that gets deleted.

Further if some simple is missing we will usually just edit it ourselves and move on. For example many forget to put the state in the title so we will just edit it for the poster as long as the rest of the template is there.

XxMerlinxX 10-28-2014 08:44 AM

A lot of this clutters up the thread title with unnecessary information. If I'm not in a regional sale forum, then I don't care where the item is located. Likewise, if someone has multiple items for sale, I don't need them to type "Garage Sale" in the title, they can just list the items and put "etc" at the end if they have more, there's no need to make a rule for it. I really don't need to see their screen name in the title either, it's pretty obvious as to who the thread starter is.

phib 01-29-2015 02:14 AM

Quick question, how many posts, so I can put something up for sale?