Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Unsold

TX (DFW)- OEM GPW Hardtop with OEM side catchers

Old 10-22-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TX (DFW)- OEM GPW Hardtop - SOLD

SOLD

First Name: Eric
Price: $3200 - 3700
Contact: PM is best, I'll get an email and we can exchange other contact info

Ok, so I've decided to sell my OEM hardtop. I've already taken the car a bit too far with a welded in half cage, removed soft-top, sold the OE seats...etc. At this point, its beyond the point of no return. Its currently set up for STR Autox and its my track/weekend toy...not a daily driver. Because I've taken the car this far, I just haven't felt right about having a high quality, highly sought after hardtop on it. This is why I'm selling it. I've already purchased and installed a Forbidden USA mugen replica top on it, I wanted to test that hardtop out and make sure I was ok with it before selling mine. Forbidden does a great job, they really do, I'm happy with it, but its not as perfect as the OEM top is. Its true that OEM are simply the best quality tops for a daily driver.

The only "flaws" with the hardtop is a very small nick in the rear glass. I'm really not sure how it happened. I have been planning to take it to a windshield shop, it seems like it is something they could repair. Also after taking it off I noticed a small tear in the clear front plastic. After just washing it I noticed a tiny paint chip that I filled with touch up paint, I vaguely remember this happening. Last, and I almost forgot about this one, the people who fabricated my half cage ground down some of the plastic on the passenger side latch handle. I've included pictures of all of this, if you'd like more pictures feel free to ask. I took a wet picture so you could see it has been waxed often, water beads up on it really nice Oh and you might have noticed in the pictures that the front latches are missing. I'm currently just using them on the other hardtop until I either decide to use soft top latches or hard mounts. The OEM front latches with 3 shims per side (how it was from OE) will be included...all the hardware will be.

My price is $3700 picked up. SOLD

I am happy to help install it for you if you come to me. I could also possibly transport it a little ways to you, not too far from the DFW area, for an extra cost.

I am more than happy to ship the hardtop as well.
*Caveat though...buyer will pay for all shipping costs. My best guess is that it is around $500-600 to ship. If you are ok with that, I will need payment for the hardtop first, then either you or I can start to look into and arrange shipping and packaging options. Once we determine the final cost of shipping I will need to be paid that amount prior to shipping. If you back out of buying it prior to shipping I will refund all money minus any money already spent preparing the hardtop for shipping, I'll include receipts so you know I'm not ripping you off. I'd rather be completely up-front with shipping this hardtop, it's not like most other items, thus if I have a $100 crate built specifically for the top and then you back out, I'm not going to be the one left paying for that crate.

Last edited by Silver9k; 02-03-2018 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 10-24-2017, 10:55 AM

I have somebody interested in purchasing the OEM hardware. If somebody else would like to purchase the top without the hardware I am certainly willing to entertain both offers and sell the top for a lower price.

Also to add on to the first post, I forgot that there is some difference in the side brushes with the hardtop and the front strikers. I'm happy to include those with the top as well.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:11 AM

Bump
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

if your local I would consider trading my oem BB which would be faster to sell.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Topplayer
if your local I would consider trading my oem BB which would be faster to sell.
Yeah, definitely not local. Seems like most of the interest is up in the NE though.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interested

yo give me a text over at 4694340227
Old 01-01-2018, 11:47 AM

New year, new bump!
jdmnguyen just texted you yesterday. Sorry I know you can't PM with low post count, I just don't check the thread often which is why it took a while to get back to you.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM

Ok price dropped and also I've had interest in the OEM side hardware so I am willing to sell the top without it at a cheaper price.

I'm really in no hurry to sell, but unless the market on these tops tanks, I don't see myself lowering the price further.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:01 AM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Interested in just the top no hardware
Old 02-02-2018, 05:21 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Still wish you were local, wed make a deal.

Quick Reply: TX (DFW)- OEM GPW Hardtop with OEM side catchers