Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

12/4 @ 1pm: Arundel Mills area, all cars welcome

Old 11-07-2004, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12/4 @ 1pm: Arundel Mills area, all cars welcome

Click here for caravan information

NOTE: This should be a given, but ... This meet is taking place in a private parking lot. That means absolutely ZERO engine revving, fast driving, burnouts, and/or other forms of automotive horseplay. The parking lot is set back off the main street so no one can see what's going on except us. But all it takes is some guy working in the office on a Saturday afternoon to notice some sort of reckless behavior and the cops will be in our face.

Where:
Arundel Mills Mall area (see below for directions or use Mapquest link)
1331 Ashton Road
Hanover, MD 21076

Mapquest is your friend

When: Saturday, Dec. 4th 2004 @ 1:00PM

What: Acura/Honda car meet, all cars welcome!

Who:
ACURAZINE (TL/CL/TSX):
ACURAZINE:
mrsteve
derelict
evilone
greyjhu
marcy69
MisterMeoff
Y2K3CL-S
dark knight
novawhitetypes
bwimports, etc (17 ppl)
SmokinHaze
Chaptorial
CLforDreser
rezurex
LiQiCE
02Type S
Dreamdtt2000
Red-CL
mclarenf3387
acur8ly
icu2qtpie04
cwright
gingerbread

ClubRSX:
KevinG
1 BAD S
driven
rsxhottness
pinoyboydrew
nyfan1978
FireRSX +1
wupike21
ArticDC5 +1 or more

s2ki:
JDMKID35 +5-10
WarrenW
OnlyHonda4me
squibb
white_S2000@16
4theheckof_it
NO S8NT
Iwantas2k

Maybe:
Michiraces2much
BlkTypeS
sodaking663rd

---
Directions to the Dec. 4th Meet

From the South:
Take either I-95N or 295N to Route 100 East
Merge onto MD-713 N/ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD via EXIT 10B toward RIDGE RD/HANOVER
Turn RIGHT onto DORSEY RD/MD-176.
Turn LEFT onto Ashton Road
Turn Right at the "AMA Training" Sign into the parking lot. Drive straight to the back of the lot where the meet will take place.

From the North:
Take I-95 S or 295 S to Route 100 East
Merge onto MD-713 N/ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD via EXIT 10B toward RIDGE RD/HANOVER
Turn RIGHT onto DORSEY RD/MD-176.
Turn LEFT onto Ashton Road
Turn Right at the "AMA Training" Sign into the parking lot. Drive straight to the back of the lot where the meet will take place.

This location is about 1/2 mile from Arundel Mills Mall.

We will meet a 1pm at the location I just listed. If you have any questions PM me or just post it in the thread for all to see.

---

The folks at Acura-CL.com are planning a huge meet on December 4th, near Arundel Mills Mall. The original plan was to have everyone get together at the mall, but for any of you who have been there near Christmas time know .. the parking lots are insane in that area.

So the plans have changed to hanging out in a parking lot near Arundel Mills and then afterwards going to the mall to grab something to eat.

There are already a ton of people planning on coming to this meet, some from as far as New York and Pennsylvania!

All cars are invited, although the majority of the cars there will most likely be Honda/Acuras, but feel free to invite any other cars or clubs that you'd like!

Plans could potentially change if we find a better spot to meet in the same area, but we've got a few weeks to make the plans concrete.

The original Acura-CL.com thread is located here: LINK

Its full of a lot of info, so I'll try to keep up with the thread and update here if anything changes.

There will probably be some caravans from various locations as well, I'll update as I get more info for the caravans.

Reply here if you're planning on coming out!!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds interesting, but how many "rice boys" come to these events?

Warren
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Nov 8 2004, 02:19 PM
Sounds interesting, but how many "rice boys" come to these events?

Warren
This isn't like the DragVA meets where a lot of HS kids come out to do burnouts. I've been to and organized a few CL/TL meets and for the most part everyone has been really mature and really cool. Remember, most of the CL/TL guys are a little older

I've also been to a lot of Capital RSX meets and everyone is really cool.

As far as I know, AcuraZine which represents the Acura-CL.com, Acura-TL.com, and Acura-TSX.com sites are the ones planning the meet and would represent the majority of people coming out. ClubRSX has also been invited, and I believe some Accord people might be coming out too ...

In any case, I wouldn't consider this to be a HS kids meet (no offense to anyone in HS!), and I would imagine most people would be pretty mature. There's always one or two that insist on doing dumb shit ... but I'm sure you get that at almost any car meet. If thats the only thing holding you back ... you should definitely come out!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

I know AndyP and myself (as well as others) had concerns about the last Arundel Mills Mall meet, since those parking lots are high crime toward modified imports.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TepEvan,Nov 8 2004, 02:54 PM
I know AndyP and myself (as well as others) had concerns about the last Arundel Mills Mall meet, since those parking lots are high crime toward modified imports.
Well, the plan right now is to just chill in the parking lot for awhile to checkout cars and chit chat ... and then after that to go over to the mall to grab somethin to eat. If you're worried about crime you could always just come and hangout with us in the parking lot (we're not going to be at the mall) and then afterwards head home? Not sure if its a long ride if that'd not make it worth your while ... but just making suggestions
Old 11-08-2004, 10:46 AM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by LiQiCE,Nov 8 2004, 03:00 PM
Well, the plan right now is to just chill in the parking lot for awhile to checkout cars and chit chat ... and then after that to go over to the mall to grab somethin to eat. If you're worried about crime you could always just come and hangout with us in the parking lot (we're not going to be at the mall) and then afterwards head home? Not sure if its a long ride if that'd not make it worth your while ... but just making suggestions
Yea, that's what I was thinking... it's about 30 mins from me, less depending on traffic so not too bad at all. I've parked my car there before... however, when you get a bunch of cars together it could get ugly.

What I was saying was more of a warning to people than anything else, not to sway them away from going
Old 11-11-2004, 02:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm interested. Hopefully, it won't be snowing then.

Warren
Old 11-14-2004, 06:51 AM

Hey everyone... I'm new to the board. Lookin to get an s2k, but don't have the money, seeing as i am a lowly college student. I'm in the Baltimore/Montgomery County area depending on what time of the year you catch me. As for this, I'm game. I'm driving another Honda right now... 2003 CR-V. I have to start somewhere
Old 11-14-2004, 06:40 PM

I'll be there weather permitting.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by OnlyHonda4me,Nov 14 2004, 07:51 AM
Hey everyone... I'm new to the board. Lookin to get an s2k, but don't have the money, seeing as i am a lowly college student. I'm in the Baltimore/Montgomery County area depending on what time of the year you catch me. As for this, I'm game. I'm driving another Honda right now... 2003 CR-V. I have to start somewhere
trade in the cr-v