S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/)
-   -   Anyone have LASIKS done? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/anyone-have-lasiks-done-335854/)

YeLLoWs2knVA 11-08-2005 09:18 PM

Anyone have LASIKS done?

I am contemplating this procedure, as in the long run I am going to get it done anyway, and buying glasses and contacts is similar to like renting an apartment. If anyone has had them done or of someone, please share experiences.

In addition, please share prices, qualifications, location, and any other information that you would deem relevant. Thank you in advance.

papa5murf 11-09-2005 04:48 AM

my buddy had it done like 4-5 years ago at some place in tysons..... and his eyes were horrible.... and he's still seeing perfect vision to this day.. no real complications... he also had to go in like 3 times to get his vision corrected completely....

for the first 2 weeks you have to wear sunglasses a lot, cause you can't have direct uv light i believe.. something like that... and there's also an issue at night, you end up seeing halos around lights and such.... (some cases are worse then others)

also not everyone is eligible for lasik

sweetj 11-09-2005 05:07 AM

I got custom lasik and I love it. 2 years now.

spa-zz 11-09-2005 05:56 AM

I also had custom LASIK, 6 months ago. Best thing I ever did for myself, seriously. I had it done at TLC in Annapolis. Fantastic experience. Immediately after the procedure, I could see the clock on the opposite wall of the room. The next day I still had minor cloudiness (normal), but the day after that, I was perfect. 20/15 in both eyes. Had minor halos at night for about a week or two. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

magikcow 11-09-2005 06:02 AM

How much is it?.. I was personally thinking about it since contacts run quite a bit throughout the year.

YeLLoWs2knVA 11-09-2005 06:53 AM

How much was it? I see that they typically run from 500 to 3000 per eye. Yes, contacts do get expensive, especially for me since I have astigmatism.

FF2Skip 11-09-2005 07:21 AM

Had mine done almost 3 yrs ago... $2k then. I had worn corrective lenses since 4th grade. Now, I can't even remember what it must feel like to be blind.

Added bonus is that I now can wear a pair of Revo's. :thumbup: I told myself I wouldn't spend that kind of money until I had surgery. :)

magikcow 11-09-2005 07:22 AM

Damn that's like a supercharger and a hardtop... for both eyes.

OnlyHonda4me 11-09-2005 07:25 AM

My parents both did theirs about four years ago. They went to a place in Rockville. I think it was $4500 for each person, but I do not definitely know. I got to meet the guy that did the procedure, and he is very nice. I plan on getting mine done by him in a couple years as well.

As for qualifications... when other LASIK procedures mess up, this is the guy that they get sent to. He also did Tiger Woods's eyes. There are other celebrities that he did (I think either Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi, I saw the picture in his office...) and you can see various signed framed pictures and footballs, backetballs, etc from his customers. I would highly recommend him. If you would like me to find out his name and location, let me know.

papa5murf 11-09-2005 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by YeLLoWs2knVA,Nov 9 2005, 11:53 AM
How much was it? I see that they typically run from 500 to 3000 per eye. Yes, contacts do get expensive, especially for me since I have astigmatism.

depends on how bad your eyes are.... and possible extra procedures they have to do for your particular eyes...