S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/)
-   -   Buying an 05? If so, interested in tan interior? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/buying-05-if-so-interested-tan-interior-317335/)

VTHokie 08-29-2005 09:54 AM

Buying an 05? If so, interested in tan interior?

I am looking for someone in the VA/DC/MD area that is currently shopping for or recently bought a 2005 S2000. I am about to purchase a new grand prix white with tan and would like to swap interiors. As you have probably already seen on this site, the tan looks amazing in a red or black S. I have not seen any pictures, but I imagine it would look equally as good with yellow or silverstone/sebring.

So here is the deal...even trade for an all black interior or my interior + $800 for a black/red. If you are willing to bring the car to Northern Virginia, I can perform the swap for you on a Saturday or a Sunday. As my car will be brand new, I would obviously like to find someone with the same. If you are interested in working something out send me a PM.

**Update: I finally picked up my car last week fresh off of the truck. It currently has around 100 miles on it and the plastic was just removed on Saturday. I have talked to a few people that sounded interested in swapping but I am still looking for a serious person to set something up with. As I stated above, ideally I would like to find someone with a new S to trade with. PM me if you are interested.

Chris

jaybonez99 08-29-2005 11:19 AM

One of my buddies did the same swap on this GPW. I must say it looks much better with the black interior. Anyone with a berlina black would benefit from this swap. Tan interior on a black car looks really nice.

On a side note, when did you graduate from Tech? I graduated from Tech in '03 and Herndon in '99. I wonder if I know you.

speed_bump 08-29-2005 12:09 PM

Just by an '06. The GPW comes with black leather there is no more Tan interior and the only thing with Black/Red is Silverstone.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...mg=255983&md=1

VTHokie 08-29-2005 12:30 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I am going to stick with the 05 for the following reasons...

A. There are great deals to be had on 05's at the moment
B. The 06's will probably not be on the lot for another 1.5 months
C. The new features added for 06 are less than ideal in my opinion

jnn4v 08-29-2005 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by VTHokie,Aug 29 2005, 04:30 PM
C. The new features added for 06 are less than ideal in my opinion

What are the new features for 06?

- Jeremy (jnn4v)

Brownergy 08-29-2005 04:42 PM

DBW, VSA, New (uglier) wheels, speakers in roll hoops, ugly seat change, a few other things, did I mention VSA and DBW :rolleyes:

3312DC 08-29-2005 07:22 PM

VSA and DBW... ? Is this a stupid question? I have no idea what this means.

edit... figured out that DBW means drive by wire (at least the gas pedal) but still cant figure out the VSA... is it a traction control system?

tesseract 08-30-2005 04:02 AM

edit: Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), a combination of computer controlled throttle and individual wheel braking to control sudden changes in vehicle behavior. VSA has a turn-off switch where the defrost button (moved) used to be

jnn4v 08-30-2005 04:42 AM

So is anyone else wondering why these are bad things? I could understand the problem w/ VSA if it didn't have an on/off switch, but it does, so who WOULDN'T want it as an option? I know I'd love to have it on those days when it's cold and rainy and I haven't put my winter tires on yet.

I don't know enough about DBW to know what the pros and cons are. Anyone?

- Jeremy (jnn4v)

speed_bump 08-30-2005 05:21 AM

Sorry didn't mean to throw your thread off topic with my '06 post. For those of you interested in discussing the '06 there is a thread in S2000 Talk 2006 thread

On the plus side your Tan interior should be worth more now.