Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Event: Seventh Annual Parade Laps/BBQ in honor of Cale Kastanek - Sunday, November 8, 2015

Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 662 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Event: Seventh Annual Parade Laps/BBQ in honor of Cale Kastanek - Sunday, November 8, 2015

In honor of our dear friend, and S2Ki family member, Cale Kastanek (November 22, 1979 -November 10, 2008). NASA Mid-Atlantic's is offering parade laps during their Fall Finale.

This may be the last time this event happens with parade laps! I know I said this last year, but the Dominion Raceway Delays have allowed us to have parade laps at Summit again this year.

Donations will be given to The Cale M. Kastanek Memorial Endowed Presidential Scholarship Fund, at Cale's alma mater, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

From last year's NASA's Fall Finale Schedule -
Touring laps will be offered during lunchtime on Sunday for a minimum donation of $20 per car. This is a low speed lapping session behind a pace car (no passing, no helmets.) Anyone on premises is welcome in any car or truck as long as there is a seat belt for each occupant. 100% of touring lap proceeds will be donated to the Cale Kastanek Presidential Scholarship at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

There is no need to pre-register for the parade laps, but immediately following the parade laps, we will be having a cookout in the parking area. NASA Mid-Atlantic has graciously offered to help facilitate some space, but I am hoping we'll have enough S2Ki support to not have to rely on NASA organizers, as I'm sure their plates will be full. Laps start 12:30 so plan to arrive no later than 11:30 to get parked and registered.

Last year, we had about 30+ S2K's and over 50 people from S2Ki show up. This year, I'm hoping we'll have an even better turn out. Please post if you're in, how many are coming, and what you'd like to bring. If you volunteer to bring something crucial (like burgers and dogs) please let us know if you can't make it - don't no-show.

For the newer S2k owners, please come out and join us! This is a great event to meet both track friends as well as old and new s2k owners. You don't need to have known Cale to participate but please appreciate the fact that he was very important to many in the community.

For those that want to get out on the track during this weekend at speed. S2000s without an aftermarket roll bar are ok to do the weekends HPDE as long as you can pass the broomstick test.

All cars are ok for parade laps.

List of things we will need:

The Essentials
Canopy - copafeel87
Grills -
Charcoal -
Tables - copafeel87
Coolers - copafeel87
Plates - copafeel87
Utensils - copafeel87
Napkins - Blown_xA
Trash Bags -Whrdlmi, Blown_xA
Ziploc Bags (quart/gallon sized for leftovers) - Blown_xA

The Edibles
Burgers - Jim
Hot Dogs - civicguyinva
Sausage - George
Chicken -
Veggie burgers -
Brat burgers -
Protein -

The Extras
Fixins (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles) - Aaron
Cheese -Toan
Ketchup/Mustard/Salt/Pepper - Nick
Hot dog Buns -Toan
Hamburger Rolls - Jim

The Sides
Veggie Plate -
Chips - Tubedriver
Cookies - Aaron
Cookies -
Camelitas - Bobbie
Salsa - Tubedriver
Coleslaw -Matt_in_VA
Potato Salad -
Dessert - HMFIC
Beans & Rice -

The Liquids
Water - 1 case of bottled water - Jeff
Sodas - 1 24-pack cans of diet coke & 1 24-pack cans of regular coke - Jeff

Chef on Duty

In!
Jim - goldenfri
Artin - Artin@SportsCarShop.inc
George - gfactor
Steve - Gilly_S2KFreak
Jeff and Bobbie - WhrDLMI +1
Zeke and Liz - Tacocat +1
Aaron - e3opian
Jason - Metros +1
Allan - HMFIC +1
Pete - TubeDriver +1
amsfoto
copafeel87
Blown_xA
postman
KAMcDonald
civicguyinva
Matt_in_VA
Toan
Nick
PJCC
Uncoolron

Not Sure
Evan - Tepevan
herecomesboost

Out
Old 07-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there for the Fall Finale, Last year was fun, except for when i almost froze to death at night trying to Camp. I Will figure out what I'm bringing closer to the event date.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes in. Will figure out food stuffs later
Old 07-27-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 680 Likes on 387 Posts

In.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:01 AM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Wouldn't miss it. It's going on the calendar now.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 AM

Jon from NASA here. Look forward to seeing y'all again this year, let me know if you need anything. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In! Going to bring my little one to learn about cars and get on track for the first time. Hanging with the s2k crowd is good too.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Sorry, unfortunately no way I can make it with baby due end of October.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:18 AM

will be there

same as before, will get there day before and try to have the corner section blocked off, let cars in on sat, but keep the big rigs out so that on sunday it will just be us.

will have to check the RV, but i think i have enough plates, napkins, utensils from last year that they will no need for someone to bring them this year.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Community Organizer

Received 662 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by KAMcDonald
will be there

same as before, will get there day before and try to have the corner section blocked off, let cars in on sat, but keep the big rigs out so that on sunday it will just be us.

will have to check the RV, but i think i have enough plates, napkins, utensils from last year that they will no need for someone to bring them this year.
Thanks Keith!

Quick Reply: Event: Seventh Annual Parade Laps/BBQ in honor of Cale Kastanek - Sunday, November 8, 2015