Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

My 2000 S2000

Old 07-02-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm surprised you haven't added a strut bar yet...I noticed a huge reduction in bump steering once I did.
Fantastic though, looking clean and pretty Dave!

Next up...UK mod...it's a MUST. Have you heard the videos I recorded? With the high flow cat, it's awesome...even with the stock catalytic it sounds great!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dwb993
Thanks, Penguin! I saw you are on the hunt. Good luck, my friend.

There were 2 especially useful threads I found before I actually went and looked for a car:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/775...#entry18385384

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/102...replace-first/

They should have most of the info and additional links you will ever need.
Fantastic information, Dave! Thank you so much! The CAI looks great
Old 07-05-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I'm surprised you haven't added a strut bar yet...I noticed a huge reduction in bump steering once I did.
Fantastic though, looking clean and pretty Dave!

Next up...UK mod...it's a MUST. Have you heard the videos I recorded? With the high flow cat, it's awesome...even with the stock catalytic it sounds great!
I've been looking at a few strut bars. Still not ready to pull the trigger.

UK Mod is high on my ToDo list. I need to find a welder.

I fixed the CAI---the tube was about an inch too long to seal the airbox. Cut it off with the Dremel and its sealed now.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:03 PM

What I did over my Holiday weekend!

I have been hoarding parts for over a year now. I decided this weekend would be the best time for installing some of them (ok, a LOT of them!).

Here was my list:

10" footwell subwoofer - Alpine Type-S in custom box by Andy (2bigforaS2000 on S2KI)
Skar Audio 5 channel amp - T-60.4-500.1D
Custom amp mounting board
Amp wiring kit
New door speaker wires
AP2 red carpet to replace my 15 year old original pieces

In addition, I very recently came across a fantastic deal on Facebook---local guy selling a set of black AP1 (2003?) seats and black door cards. The seats were in much better shape than my red ones and the door panels were mint! I could not pass them up and my girl Laurie helped me out. So they will be going in now, too.

Don't forget that I installed the CAI earlier in the week (another deal I could not pass up--thanks again, Agye!!)

On to the install:

The seats had the usual lower side bolster wear and were pretty collapsed. I followed the DIY to repair them using duck tape, cardboard and foam sponges. As much as that sounds like "Home Depot Racing Lip", the results were fantastic:

Passenger

Driver side has a bit more damage

Tear down

Previous owner had upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer DEH-P9400BH receiver with Alpine SD speakers (250W max). The deck has Bluetooth, Sirius, CD, pretty much all of it and I am pretty happy. But it also has some audio tweaking ability (HPF, LPF, EQ) that make it even more valuable for tuning.

Alpine Speakers

Head Unit

Audio down Passenger side

Power down Driver side

Andy's custom 10" enclosure with Alpine Type-S sub

AP2 red carpet going in (also notice the original door cards)

Skar Audio amplifier tucked away on a custom mount board in the spare tire well

New seats installed (I hate this angle--too much black)

I like the red more

Footwell sub covered--loss of space is pretty minimal

New door cards. I transferred my red inserts but used the silver trimmed door pulls and new surrounds

All back together

Was a lot of work done over 3 days (it rained on Day 2).

Impressions: This car needs a subwoofer and amped speakers, there's just no getting around it. The amp I chose is pretty large and takes up the the majority of the mounting board. However, I believe there is still enough room for a set of component crossovers if I want them there in the future. I'm not using the door tweeters right now as the Alpines have them in the doors already. Future upgrades was my thinking on the 5 channel amp and the new door cards are along the same lines. I'm running the amp in 3 channel mode and it sounds great---very happy with my initial results. A few tuning sessions will only make it better.

The subwoofer is absolutely the best. I am convinced this is the BEST location for a sub in the S2000. I know a trunk mount sub would do nothing but rattle. Hell, the 10" in my TL shakes the whole ass end! With this custom box up near the firewall, there really is not much to rattle at all. I did place a small section of jute from the old carpet behind the box just to take up some room, but so far, no rattles that I can hear. Its also really nice to have the bass emanate from in front of you. I don't know how to describe the difference, but its there nonetheless.

I switched the red inserts to the new door cards and also used the door pulls to match the tweeter surround trim. Install was very easy and straightforward...just a lot of screws to remove.

The seats are in much better shape than my original reds. I will run these and work on getting my red ones restored. Once I get them done, I can then look at getting something custom with the blackies! Future plans!

All comments and questions welcome!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwb993
Need to figure out something for that ugly cross brace, too.
not much of a help, but heel toe offers a cross brace cover.

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/fastline-...0-ap1-ap2.html
Old 07-06-2015, 05:40 AM

^Actually, that is helpful. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Awesome update, Dave! Looks like a lot of work.
Have you considered those hexagon all weather mats I have? They were pretty cheap and totally awesome, would look a lot better than tattered black ones on that brand new nice red carpet.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Thanks, J. Yeah, I'm a little sore and tired today, but it's a good feeling.

I saw those mats, but didn't really like the look. What I really need are a set of the 2 piece mats from Si in the UK! Big money, baby! Birthday is coming up!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM

My girlfriend Laurie brought her 09 Accord coupe over for some electrical install/troubleshooting. I fixed her fog lights and installed a new Amp'ed emblem for her:

Then we decided to clean up the engine bay. A quick squirt of water and a 20 minute wipedown followed by an application of Silkolene Pro Prep and we went from this:

To this:

Yeah, boy!!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:07 AM

LOL:

Quick Reply: My 2000 S2000