Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Ran Jefferson Circuit today 9/15

Old 09-15-2001, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four S2000's had a blast at Speed Trial USA track day at Summit Point (Jefferson Circuit) today.

I think Gregg confused this with a rally course. You should have seen him taking curves sideways!

This course is quite a bit tighter than the big track at Summit Point. I had my rear end come out on the first lap also. But as I got more used to the track (and took the air pressure down a few pounds) I got it more under control. It was a blast!

NOVA guys: If you have not tried the track yet, you ought to try it. Summit Point is so close and runs plenty of events. Next week there is another run at Jefferson Point NASA Event if interested.

One more picture
Old 09-15-2001, 06:02 PM

Track Marshall: You OK?
Me: Yeah. I'm fine (giving quizzical look)
My instructor, Eric: Yeah, we're fine. Just working on our WRC license.

Had a great time w/ RestonS2000 (silver), Bassem (white) and DragOn (yellow). After running the big course so many times it was quite humbling to run a circuit that was short, geared perfectly for the S2000 and emphasized heavy (and late) braking. I can't wait to try it again and improve next week at the NASA Event on Sunday Sept. 23rd.

BTW Reston--Thanks for cleaning up that photo as I requested. We all know my baby wasn't as clean as in the pic and certainly didn't shine.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:28 PM

hey greg... are you guys going again on the 23rd??? anyone going on the 22nd??? cause i should be flying back to taiwan on the 23rd... mike and i both would like to go... but if you guys are not going for the 22nd can you tell me how to get there and how much it would be??? any other info we need to know??? need helmet??? anything else??? thanks man...
Old 09-16-2001, 03:41 AM

James-

From reading the descriptions I don't believe Saturday is geared to any of us and don't recommend that you head out there. It appears to be for for those people
  • Looking to pick up their NASA competition license
  • Looking to pick up Instructor certification
  • Who are advanced or competition-level drivers

Of course you need a helmet for these types of events although there are a limited number of loaner helmets at the Jefferson Circuit.

Again, I believe Sunday the 23rd is our only option.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Gregg
James-

From reading the descriptions I don't believe Saturday is geared to any of us and don't recommend that you head out there. It appears to be for for those people
  • Looking to pick up their NASA competition license

• Looking to pick up Instructor certification

• Who are advanced or competition-level drivers

Of course you need a helmet for these types of events although there are a limited number of loaner helmets at the Jefferson Circuit.

Again, I believe Sunday the 23rd is our only option.
i though there was something for the beginner... guess i read it worng... so i guess there is no way i can join you guys then... since i am going back to taiwan and all... maybe mike will join you guys... still havent went and got the helmet yet... guess mike and i will do that in the coming week... thanks greg...
Old 09-17-2001, 07:40 PM

I got my confirmation email today. It appears only ADVANCED is still open. The other slots are all fun now.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:54 PM

I haven't received anything. Emailed Saturday AM, called and left a message today. I'm getting a little pissed here.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:13 PM

Gregg:

You should have received an email too. I saw you in the cc list. I will forward you the email.