Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Rate my Ride Bois

Old 04-28-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Rate my Ride Bois

Hey guys, just wanted some input on my souped up S2000. I've spent a considerable amount of time, money, and band aids getting her up to where she is now. Coming from a heritage of Chick Fil A drive thru pulls and the countless hours on the infamous Taco Bell Touge, I feel like I have finally set up this car the way I wanted it. Here's what she looked like about a year ago:

Now, I decided this car's suspension geometry was way too good, so I did a full 1978 Datsun Fairlady Z swap into it. Took a lot of work and my buddy's welding (good practice for his Harbor Freight welder since he just bought it), but I finally got it in. With the suspension toned down about 5 factors, I decided the engine was too powerful so I just swapped in the junkyard Z's SOHC L28, 2.8L in-line 6, put out 170hp new out of the factory - wowe! Probably at 120 today.

After getting the suspension and powertrain squared away, I decided I didn't wanna be hella //flush\\ anymore so I gave her more gap than my ex-girlfriend which is nice cause I can actually take speedbumps and corner going over 30mph now, amazing! The bodywork was the easiest part - I found a great deal on Bondo from China on eBay so I picked up about 5 barrels of it and went to work. Now what you're going to see may shock you, but I'm very proud of my work:

Now you may be asking yourself: "that just looks like an old Fairlady, right?" Correct. My work is flawless, and this car is a blast the way it is now. I'm really looking forward to purchasing another stock S2000 down the line and doing something crazy like this again, maybe a Ferrari F-40 mod?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bud, really like what you've done with your s2. Truly an inspiration to me, I'm actually currently working on an s2000 rotary swap that I think a lot of guys here will like. Do you mind if I PM you and pick your brain about your experience with doing such a innovative swap like this? As for the rating I would have to give this a 5/7 man seriously a sick souped s2 you got.

I'm going to attach a picture of what I'm working with and what I want the finished product to mimic. Thinking about maybe doing a full Tokyo Ghoul anime wrap too but idk still playing with ideas you know?