S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/)
-   -   so what would you do (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/mid-atlantic-s2000-owners-47/so-what-would-you-do-259343/)

brerspidur 01-05-2005 06:52 AM

so what would you do

while pulling into the mall this morning, right after i parked, i watched a car trying to back into a spot back right into the car next to me. the car moved a good 4 or 5 inches. then the car backing in doesnt even pull up, she just parks right there and leaves her car up against the other parked car. i get out of my car and try to check if there is any damage on the other car, but i cant tell because the cars are still touching. then the lady proceeds to open her door (slamming it into the car next to her) gives me a dirty look, and just walks off. never even stopping to see if there was any damage. what would you do in this situation?

and here are a couple more facts.
1. the parked car she hit was a 200x silver taurus
2. she was driving a a 200x pontiac bonneville (appearantly too big for her driving skill)
3. from what i can tell there are just a few small scratches on the taurus' bumper
4. there is a small ding on the green 199x buick where she hit it with her door.

ok, granted IMO these arent the nicest cars, but maybe the owners still take pride in them. I can only imagine what i would do if i witnessed someone do this to my car and then just walk away like it was nothing.

one last thing, she hit the car hard enough, that i find it hard to believe that she didnt know it happened.

i took pictures, and left a note on both of the cars she hit. what would everyone else have done in this situation.

s2k_PikeStyle 01-05-2005 07:30 AM

I would definatlly tell the people that she hit what happened. There is nothing worse then being a victum of hit and run... I had it happen to me a few months ago. 1000 out of my pocket and insurance told met that they couldn't promise it wouldnt be held agaisnt me if i turned it in. Good job for leaving notes and taking pictures, hopefully those people contact you. If not, call the cops and turn her in. People just dont have respect for others property these days.

The question is, what would you hope someone would do if it was your car. I know Id want them to pay for my car to be as it was before they hit it. Maybe its only 50-200 in damage, nonetheless, this is probably not the ladies first time driving recklessly and disregarding others property. She should pay for it.

YeLLoWs2knVA 01-05-2005 07:51 AM

Please tell her. Someone hit and run my car without leaving any notes. IMO these people who hit a parked car deserve not to be able to drive.

TubeDriver 01-05-2005 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by brerspidur,Jan 5 2005, 10:52 AM
while pulling into the mall this morning, right after i parked, i watched a car trying to back into a spot back right into the car next to me. the car moved a good 4 or 5 inches. then the car backing in doesnt even pull up, she just parks right there and leaves her car up against the other parked car. i get out of my car and try to check if there is any damage on the other car, but i cant tell because the cars are still touching. then the lady proceeds to open her door (slamming it into the car next to her) gives me a dirty look, and just walks off. never even stopping to see if there was any damage. what would you do in this situation?

and here are a couple more facts.
1. the parked car she hit was a 200x silver taurus
2. she was driving a a 200x pontiac bonneville (appearantly too big for her driving skill)
3. from what i can tell there are just a few small scratches on the taurus' bumper
4. there is a small ding on the green 199x buick where she hit it with her door.

ok, granted IMO these arent the nicest cars, but maybe the owners still take pride in them. I can only imagine what i would do if i witnessed someone do this to my car and then just walk away like it was nothing.

one last thing, she hit the car hard enough, that i find it hard to believe that she didnt know it happened.

i took pictures, and left a note on both of the cars she hit. what would everyone else have done in this situation.

Punched her in the nose and than made a citizens arrest? No seriously, I would have done the same thing you did and I would have left my phone number in case they need a witness.

TepEvan 01-05-2005 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=brerspidur,Jan 5 2005, 11:52 AM] i took pictures, and left a note on both of the cars she hit.

tesseract 01-05-2005 08:29 AM

horrendous....i can't believe she just gave a look at walked off. no respect i tell ya..

FF2Skip 01-05-2005 08:49 AM

If I were to ever have my car "hit-n-run," :rolleyes: I'd appreciate any info I could get. Be sure to document the time of occurrence as well. :thumbup:

Some folks are ignorant @$$e$. :angry:

BerlinaBlackS2kguy 01-05-2005 09:27 AM

i think what you did was the right thing. for all you know, she coulda been driving a stolen car so she couldn't have cared less about it (otherwise, how reckless she was makes no sense to me, but i guess there are people out there like that). so you never know, the information and pics that you got might come in handy for more than just the owners of the cars that were hit. my only other thought is perhaps it would also be helpful to get a few pics of the person as they walk away or something as further proof to link them to what happened.

anyhow, kudos to you for being a good citizen :thumbup: :thumbup:

4theheckof_it 01-05-2005 09:34 AM

Get the tag, color, make, and model of the vehicle that struck the victim's car. Get a brief description of the person driving the the striking vehicle including approximate height, hair color, style of hair, race, and any other striking image of that person. The more description the better. Describe the area that was hit, on both cars.. Describe what you saw and where you were at when you witnessed the hit and run. Leave your name and number on the victims car, and not on the hit and run vehicle. I know this is alot to remember but as long as you leave your name and number and make notes of this when you get back to your car, just in case the person calls you back, then it is a good deed.

Peter

papa5murf 01-05-2005 09:52 AM

turn her in... she must be punished and have her license taken away..... to bad she's probably only going to get a slap on the wrist..... it's a shame..