Middle East S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from the Middle East and Gulf. Covers: UAE, Saudi, Quatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharain.

How much do S2k's cost in Dubai?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by umair_k,Jan 10 2007, 06:39 AM
A stock S2K can take a Stock Evo any day (talking about Evo 8 and lower) and rolling start. There is a limit Evo can go upto but S2K has lot more room. Tried with lots of them. if you do a 0 start evo will take off but easy to catch.

But one thing you should never forget Evo is developed on a lancer, even if they changed everything it is still a sports version of Lancer? I know you cannot convert a normal lancer into Evo but it was done by the factory.

S2000 is a prupose built car, doesnt share the chassis, the engine with any other models of Honda (Unlike Nissan 350Z, Evo, Sti). And seating position is very close to a proper race car (knees up a$$ lowered) Head room is less (In evo u can wear any sort of cap/hat and sit). i can go on and on comparing the both.
Excellent points.

Just to play the devil's advocate. The Evo has been in more FIA sactioned races and rallys than the S2000 and possibly any single Honda make. Technically and Functionally the Evo is more a product of racing then any single Honda car has ever been (although Honda as whole has much richer racing heritage). To go so far as to call it a sports version of a lancer?

Different chasis, engine, transmission, frame welding, suspension, etc. etc. All the Evo shares with the lancer is a name and some interior body panels.

I'd like to think that all S2000 owners aren't as ingnorant as that guy that wrote the article this forum displays so proudly, "why the S2000 is better than the Evo," or something like that. The arguements are just idiotic.

But hey, if that makes you feel better then go for it.

Apples to Oranges. Like I said I personally can't have one without the other. The Evo is here to stay. So lets just keep it at that.

Can't wait to get an S in the summer....
Old 01-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Tomatoe... no offense, i seriously love the EVO and would love to own the EVO and the S. but if given an option which one to go for amongst both i will any day go for the S.

Yes Evolution has lot better compared to the lancer but that is happening in the later models (9 and ofcourse the 10!) but how it started was off a lancer and developed after that.

We can go on and on talking about it and it will never end. Lets call it off like this:

EVO has it own class and S has it own. Both are great legendry cars out by thier manufacturers. Both has its own + and - points.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM

No offense taken at all...

I enjoy the back and forth in car discussions. It makes me feel better about buying the S when I see the level of confidence on this board. You guys seem like true car guys.

One more question about the Dubai auto scene:

Does the Dubai Autodrome organize track days or is the track always open?
How good are the track days as far organization and number of people?
What is the cost? Any special requirments?

Thanks again everyone.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:29 AM

Nah I think the EVO sucks....kidding - I wanted to stir the pot

Good debate guys and I think both of you have some valid points. I'd have both in my garage but maybe I'd take the RB320 first.

One killer car and a well deserved tribute to one of the best rally drivers anywhere. Plus the Obsidian black color and stealth looks are amazing.

Cameron
Old 01-13-2007, 09:44 PM

Yes Autodrome does organise track days, the next one is on the 20th of Jan, they keep on doing them. Very well organised and very hard on the car, depends how u drive ofcourse. DesertRat would be best to ask and share some info, he has tasted everything on the track.

Number of people vary, depending on the day, time and all.

It is on an average AED 800, sometime less and sometime more. Sometimes you can pay half and do a half track day. Each session is 20 minutes, break and of you go again. I would say take longer brakes and (30 Minutes) to let the car cool down.

All you need for an S2000 if you are going stock is to get better brake pads thats it, other stuff is better but brakes pads are must. You will fry the stock ones soon.

Desert Rat add or correct to this please.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 PM

Umair is correct, brake pads and good brake fluid are needed for the car. Other than that, top up the oil to the max and check the oil level every now and then! <= Learned this the hard way... Tire pressures will also increase when tires get hot, so check them before going to the track and after a few sessions.

Personal protection is also worth considering, since although loaner helmets are available, your own one might be lighter and more comfortable. For track days there are no regulations on clothing, but you must wear long sleeves & long pants. Naturally also proper shoes (no flip flops).

If you are new to the race track, it is good to take it slow in the first sessions. Also note that a track day is not a race, so if someone catches you, let them past safely on a straight => both of you have more fun.

Next track day is 20.01.2007, pls find info below;

[QUOTE]Dubai Autodrome Motor Sports Club plan to run a track experience day on Saturday 20th January. The day will consist of morning sessions for cars and afternoon sessions for motorcycles, using the 4.29km International Circuit of Dubai Autodrome. The cost will be Dhs 600 per vehicle, payable in advance. For cars the bookings will be taken by the Race & Drive School at the Autodrome(contact Jane Perello on e mail maryjanep@dubaiautodrome.com and telephone 04 367 8745 or 04 367 8700 ext 504) who will co-ordinate the day. One to One Instruction from a Race & Drive School Instructor is available on the day for additional charge.

The timings will be as follows;
08.00 Sign on & 08.30 Briefing
09.00 to 09.15 Circuit Familiarization Laps for first time runners/new cars (please
mention this when booking).
09.25 to 09.40 - Group A
Old 01-14-2007, 02:29 AM

And i am sure Desert Rat is going in for it . Any one with S2K can ask him for instructions.

Hopefully my car is done before that!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM

Boys , I love these cars and work on the , here in Cyprus heads they go for 20'000 euro , and those are trimmed to the max. Let me know if I can help around