Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

$20,000 GOLD!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by mike@P.D.R.
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1321330664' post='21156733
[quote name='mike@P.D.R.' timestamp='1321101767' post='21150445']
What is going on in the world today is both frightening and historic. It is frightening because the amount of debt accumulated is orders of magnitude more than ever before. It is historic because the way this finally shakes out will be considered a major turning point in modern history. I see this, but most people in the world are either in denial, delusional or just a victim of disinformation by the mainstream media.

DYODD
Do share how it's going to unfold. I would like estimate time lines and cause and effect correlations please.
DYODD ( DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE )

Watch the video i posted about $20,000 gold... then take that information and study it. Also pay attention to whats going on in the Middle East. If you would like i can give you more sources of information so you can figure things out for yourself.
[/quote]

Anyone worth their salt will go on record with how they see it unfolding. Since you won't you most not know.

The end of the world is not near but we may get knocked of our high horse, just like every empire before us.

My thoughts:
- USD will devalue as will every weak currency
- Countries with large gold holdings will move to back currency as required
- Next 10 years are going to be a flat decade state side
- Energy demands will drop here, and shift to SA and PRC
- Our standard of living, currently slowly dropping, will plummet
- International business units will focus on growing markets
- USA will remain worlds #1 economy for some time to come but business is and will become harder
- New regulations state side will help us to back fill with capital the last 30 years of economic growth on cheap debt.
- Debt will become harder to get and thus folks will move to cash
- The next 5-15 years will be the proving grounds for America and our allies as to how we can innovate our way into prosperity again
- Countries building economies on our former principles, hard cash, gold holdings, will out pace our growth
- China the beast in the room will never over take us, as their political issues will be their issue

For us to turn our country around we have to get back to basics. Great products, made to high quality standards by folks working state side for reasonable wages. Innovation has to be supported, we need a new 'space race' to get us the future tools we'll need. Everything we're currently working off of was funded in the 60/70's and we've been riding that for 30 years.

Answers like the above separate you from the 'scared silly video spreading group.' I'll consider moving forward you don't have a clue.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that this thread's run its course:

Some people think that fiat currencies will collapse in favor of gold.

Some people think that gold will collapse in favor of fiat currencies.

We all need to wait and see.