Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

Anyone else have an itchy trigger finger to pull everything out?

Old 11-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Anyone else have an itchy trigger finger to pull everything out?

So tempted to just pull it all out and stick into cash for a few months as I am ing my pants that the bottom is going to fall out.

I sold on a slide of stock and just don't see a good entry point yet for anything I want. Considering Apple, Disney, or Exxon Mobile. And not because Buffett said that he was going with XOM I wrote it down a week or 2 earlier! Though it's currently in a trading range and at the high of that.

Done ok investing so far but it's not for long term it's to have fun, gain some equity more than bank account so I can go buy a SC for the S.(keeping that money separate from any other money that is put aside.) I have stop losses put on everything so if bottom falls out that money should be safe. Though haven't done that with my 401K though....not sure can you even do that?

Finally bought a house so now I can have a garage to put the S up and install it when ever I am finally ready.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled mine and invested in some real estate I've had a good return so far and I love it
Old 11-28-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

you just have to put my hand on your mouth. When a market enters a mania like this, nobody can tell you where it will stop. im sure it is due for a correction soon but i think the last high is yet to come. i think itll come when they announce more qe.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

i would never withdraw from my 401k, but I'm investing more in other ways. Next either going into distressed bank notes or commercial rental properties
Old 12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
i would never withdraw from my 401k, but I'm investing more in other ways. Next either going into distressed bank notes or commercial rental properties
No not pull it OUT just park it in a Money Market Account.

I just pulled the trigger and invested for myself and my son(4yrs old). Bought some AAPL, DIS and XOM for me. Picked the little guy up 1 share of AAPL and some DIS. Wonder how well it will do 13 years from now!

Really mad I didn't pull that trigger before Thanksgiving could have gotten AAPL auto invest plan was first Tues. of the month. Thought what could happen between now and then......well I found out!

So at this point I am going to remain cautiously optimistic on the future of the market. If we taper I think that's a GOOD thing as that means we can stand on our own 2 feet and the govt. can stop printing money to print money!!!! Kills me that they keep doing that.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you park your 401k in a MMA without pullign it out first? Unless does your 401k plan offer MMA options?