Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

AUDIT YOUR ZECCO ACCOUNT!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. I've been with IB for 2 years and I've have zero problems. I've never had to call (unlike e-trade who I had to call weekly), write or visit, not once. They do online brokerage right. They give you full disclosure so you know EXACTLY what is going on with your account in excruciating detail. You probably won't need to use it but if you want to know what is what then the complete detail is right there for you to see.

Money is money and no amount of warm and fuzzy marketing or hand holding is going to make you any. They are just margin padding junk designed to take your money. When I place an order I want to know the price the second I place it and I want to see the order fill share by share instantly before my eyes and I want to know what I paid for each share.

IB fills my order, the whole order at my limit price. How many times have you placed an order only to find out that you paid more than that the limit price? If I place an order for 100 shares at $13.20 IB will fill that order share by share. I may only get 45 of them at the price but I at least got 45 and I got them at the best possible price. Other brokers will place orders as all-or-nothing (which you can do with IB is you write the order that way) which means that if you place an order for 100 shares they will only fill the order if there are 100 shares on offer. IB will pickup 5 here, 10 there, 50 over there and so on until the order is filled.

Same when you sell. If you sell 100 with a limit of 13.20 then they will fill it as the bids come in, 5 here, 25 there until the entire order is filled. They aren't going to wait for a bid for 100 shares at or below your asking price.

When I buy stocks with a market order it fills in less than a second which means I get the ask price shown on my screen. When I sell with a market order I get the current bid price. It's next to immediate and takes 2 clicks. Click the bid price, click T right next to it. I just sold 100 shares. Fast, precise, cheap, no mistakes, no problems. What else do you want?

Here is a snippet from my august statement's transaction section. Sorry it's not easy to read due to the formatting.

[CODE]
Symbol Date/Time Exchange Quantity T. Price
Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can you move shares from one brokerage to another? ETrade is trying to screw me with a bunch of BS charges for not constantly trading on an account I have from when I did employee stock purchase at a previous employer. I would rather not sell the shares since they're at such a low point right now, but I guess it's an option.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 AM

[QUOTE]Thank you for contacting Zecco Trading. We appreciate your feedback and will forward your comments to upper management. You are a Valued Customer and we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration. Due to a technical difficulty some account holder
Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=tritium_pie,Sep 17 2008, 12:15 PM]

"Displaying" my balances to be short by $550+ is hogwash.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Sep 17 2008, 09:26 AM
I agree it's BS.

Kind of like the bank scam what rounded up the the cent but on 20billion people equalling millions of $'s but not really

btw, did you call and ask them about it?
Yeah that's the first thing I did Monday morning. The dude said, "Send an email."

So their email saying, "Feel free to call us..." is circle-jerk bullshit.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill,Sep 16 2008, 06:11 PM
How can you move shares from one brokerage to another? ETrade is trying to screw me with a bunch of BS charges for not constantly trading on an account I have from when I did employee stock purchase at a previous employer. I would rather not sell the shares since they're at such a low point right now, but I guess it's an option.
Open an account with another brokerage house and do a transfer (initiated from the new account). You should put the stuff in a Roth IRA rather than a cash account. All brokers will close dormant accounts.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 PM

UPDATE:

Fundamentally, I was in error. It was my bad. (A Zecco rep just called me and we did a quick audit of my transactions.)

I keep a paper trail of all my stock transactions, and have copies of all the checks I mail to Zecco... but apparently not worrying about tracking any withdrawals (as those show up in my bank statements) was my bad. But I am coming clean about it now, because I feel like a tool.

That said, there appears to be a technical glitch with the transaction download to Quicken which excluded a single check request I made from Zecco. I pointed this out to the Zecco rep and they will investigate.

I can't believe it, but I was one of *those* customers. Mea culpa. I take back what I said about Zecco.