Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

To buy or not to buy.. that is the question

Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Aqua
I appreciate the feedback.. When the banks won't work with you it gets really hard paying for a place that is not worth it anymore, especially when it does not suit your needs. Sure there's the ethical argument but there's also the business side. We've moved onto a bigger place and are much happier now. It will probably be the smartest financial move I'll make in my life time.

Originally Posted by Chris S' timestamp='1346202130' post='21972125
Your wife bought a condo with all the benefits and risks of ownership. Y'all should suck it up and honor the contractual commitment she made as long as you're able to pay.

Foreclosing or suggesting a short sale is quite honestly a dick-headed move since you're that just transfers your losses to the bank's shareholders (and worst case, the govt. - which means all of us taxpayers). You have 4 cars, and are trying to move up to a bigger, more expensive place by screwing the bank &/or your fellow taxpayers?
Sorry but your not going to get much advice/help here. Most of us think what you're doing is wrong and won't try to help u. I bet you guys thought it was a good "financial" decision to go buy a condo before too right? Now your thinking about screwing over the bank and than go get a more expensive house? wow. this is what is wrong with this country. People like you
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's really sad is that the bank that holds the loan filed for bankruptcy to avoid giving relief to homeowners by reducing loan principals. That's pretty shady IMO. Anyways, I didn't post to get people's opinion's on what is right and what isn't. Say what you will about it being ethical or not, I sleep much better at night knowing our financial security is much brighter. Cheers.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Aqua
What's really sad is that the bank that holds the loan filed for bankruptcy to avoid giving relief to homeowners by reducing loan principals. That's pretty shady IMO. Anyways, I didn't post to get people's opinion's on what is right and what isn't. Say what you will about it being ethical or not, I sleep much better at night knowing our financial security is much brighter. Cheers.
so your complaining about the bank filing bankruptcy when you and are wife are doing something similar.... If you can screw the bank, i'm happy they can screw u too.

Hope they finally fix these bankruptcy and loans. Married couples should be jointly held liable.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I'm saying is that the businesses and banks file bankruptcy to protect themselves so why do the homeowners have to be held to a higher standard? Luckily my wife bought the place before we were married, otherwise I may be held accountable.

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by Mr.Aqua' timestamp='1346873288' post='21990169
so your complaining about the bank filing bankruptcy when you and are wife are doing something similar.... If you can screw the bank, i'm happy they can screw u too.

Hope they finally fix these bankruptcy and loans. Married couples should be jointly held liable.