Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

easiest way to make money?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:47 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default easiest way to make money?

I'm sure everyone has different opinion, but I always thought real estate was way to go.

any other?

----

Real Estate in tri-state Area.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=0#entry9292061
Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im 21 and always looking to make the most for what little I have.

Alot of people tell me realestate, but I cant afford that now. Their has to be other ways.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easy as in simple or easy as in making the most amount in the shortest time? These are polar opposites.

The first is to put your money in a high yield bank account like a money market. It takes no effort whatsoever and nets the lowest returns as a result.

The second is to invest short in the forex, futures or options markets entirely on margin. It's possible to take $1000 and turn it into $1 million in a short time in those markets but your odds are better playing keno and you'll most likely lose everything you own and everything your children will ever own and then some.

You ned to define easy.

You will likely find a balance between risk and reward in the stock market. You don't need to buy real estate to play real estate. You can buy into a real estate holding company's stock for as little as a single share.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there were easy, foolproof ways to make money - bingo everyone is rich!

I think most wealthy people own businesses, but otherwise investing is always a bit of a crapshoot imho. Real Estate seems like a great way of making money lately, but remember the late 80s? People tend to forget that everything goes in cycles....... Right now you are getting into real estate pretty much at the top end!

Also real estate doesn't usually generate cash flow unless it is a rental(and rentals are big headaches, many of them don't pay off unless you buy them cheap). When there is blood on the streets, buy real estate!!!!

My thoughts are to develop and own your own business, and don't get yourself into trouble by borrowing too much money. Look for niche businesses that not everyone is doing and specialize.

That is my 2 cents, and I am only moderately successful - far from rich.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

it is true that easy money ain't easy. and you are right on time and amount. And we shouldn't forget effort as well. they are all on opposite end of a triangle. perhaps most balanced way is, having a job. but that's not what we should talk about. we should talk about options on what's available and how much effort, time, and $ is needed.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chicos,Dec 13 2006, 07:03 PM
My thoughts are to develop and own your own business, and don't get yourself into trouble by borrowing too much money. Look for niche businesses that not everyone is doing and specialize.
I realised a few years ago that I seemed to be making other people lots of money, and not seeing too much of that money myself. Quite quickly I recognised that I'd be better working for myself rather than anyone else.

However you need a good idea and importantly the drive, determination and work ethic to make it successful. For some people it works but for some it doesn't.

Also when you're working for yourself you tend to earn less then you did previously whilst you build the business up, it can take several years sometimes to the earning level you want.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure this is about career building but rather how to invest money you've already made to get good returns, you know, investing
Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM

The easiest way to get rich is to find out what stocks I'm buying then short them. If I buy, it is almost guaranteed to go down. Then whenever I sell it is guaranteed to go up. I
Old 12-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by cthree,Dec 13 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure this is about career building but rather how to invest money you've already made to get good returns, you know, investing
Invest in yourself, your own business, that is the only thing you can control.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

money and time go hand in hand. no matter what, you always will need time for your money to grow. if your looking for the easiest way to make money legally, throw it in a mutual fund. sure its slow but youll make money. buying life insurance when your young is also another way of doing it. the rates are cheaper the younger you are. real estate was also listed above but that takes alot of time and effort. you can also be a personal lender but those risks are pretty high, even with a contract.

Quick Reply: easiest way to make money?