Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

Good time to buy gold?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good time to buy gold?

Good time to buy gold?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

2 weeks ago would have been better
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Buy low sell high. You missed this boat by 20 years. Find another investment, unless you're low-balling people with jewelry for some cash. With 5,000 posts the first thing you should be buying is an s2ki membership. Cheapo the clown
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

I would wait until $800 before buying. TPTB are pushing <paper> gold down to perpetuate the massive wall of money being printed month after month.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:39 AM

I sure hope it doesn't go as low as $800. If it does, I will be buying!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The only problem with waiting until paper prices reach $800 is that there won't be any physical at that point. Thinking the cronies were suppressing the prices in the hopes that the weak hands would sell off the metals, but had the exact opposite effect and supplies are dwindling fast. Even major dealers like APMEX who charge higher premiums are running low, silver eagles all out, 1/10 gold eagles all out. COMEX, JP running dangerously low. Also, the cost of mining is starting to exceed the spot prices, hence some of them closing up shop, exacerbating the shortages even further. This is just a disaster waiting to happen when the world wakes up to discover that the emperor has no clothes. I'm sure the paper/physical prices will decouple soon enough and have a feeling it will go to the moon, which is why I don't really care about the spot price and when it does go lower, it's just a bonus. I would keep stacking IMO, physical delivery only, no contracts.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
The only problem with waiting until paper prices reach $800 is that there won't be any physical at that point. Thinking the cronies were suppressing the prices in the hopes that the weak hands would sell off the metals, but had the exact opposite effect and supplies are dwindling fast. Even major dealers like APMEX who charge higher premiums are running low, silver eagles all out, 1/10 gold eagles all out. COMEX, JP running dangerously low. Also, the cost of mining is starting to exceed the spot prices, hence some of them closing up shop, exacerbating the shortages even further. This is just a disaster waiting to happen when the world wakes up to discover that the emperor has no clothes. I'm sure the paper/physical prices will decouple soon enough and have a feeling it will go to the moon, which is why I don't really care about the spot price and when it does go lower, it's just a bonus. I would keep stacking IMO, physical delivery only, no contracts.
Perfectly stated.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AP2DragonWagon
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80' timestamp='1366959366' post='22500664
Perfectly stated.
Thanks... keep stacking brother!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...bullion-dealer
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Glad to see other Zerohedgers here
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM

You guys have any suggestions on best places to buy PM's? I have been using APMEX, but their premiums, as you mentioned, are high. A friend of mine north of the border is able to buy at a local shop and pays much smaller premiums than I do. I don't know of a local place I can go to buy.

Quick Reply: Good time to buy gold?