Money and Investing Discuss stock picks, portfolios, retirement and other investment related topics.

Help me retire and quit my job ASAP. Help me invest.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Well at least you moved out from under your wealthy parents wing and wait.......into your presumably wealthier in laws place!

You will never know reality and what life is truly like for 99% of adults, which is why you didn't appreciate a $100k job when you were 29, doing something IMO that seems very simple.

My advice is to figure out how to raise your children with slightly different values and life perspectives than you have been given. Otherwise, they will likely be living with you patiently awaiting you to kick the bucket as it seems you and your wife are doing and you need to work that expense into your retirement model.

I am not trying to be an a$$, it is just that I can't really give you any other advice, you are living in an entirely different world.
Agreed.
100k/year job in his 20s with what appears to be little to no education. Lives in his wealthy parents guest home rent free and has a couple of rental properties. You sure got the short end of the stick in life
Wants to retire at 40. Thinks sitting at home being lazy for the following 40 years of his life will bring him happiness.

I have a friend who moved by herself from the Philippines and has been working as a nanny for the past 9 years with the goal of bringing her young children (whose childhoods she has missed) over here so they can have better lives. She makes $18K/y and sends back $6K/y. Im sure she would trade places with the OP in a heartbeat, though Id doubt the OP would last 30 min.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thread, I thought I made good money in my 20s, work sucks, but you are making money. Not sure what school or career path you would take that would require 200-300k in loans, and if that was the case your real-estate property would pay for that.

If you want happiness in work, you need to do something you love and not care of income, if you are good at it you make a good living, if not you be happy.

Not sure what life insurance company you are working for, but can't you move up to a higher position? My friend works for NY life and he was able to move up to management position and now earns money from all the polices that are sold from his team.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha i feel you OP. i think most people flames you because your post make you sound like a spoiled brat. you have a middle class life and slightly better off than people your age or what people had at your age.
but in all honesty, who wouldn't want to achieve financial freedom early so one can start enjoying life and do that they want to do instead of slaving away for someone else. there are people that can turn their passion into something they can get a return on or a career but there most cant do that and ends up working for something they have very little interests in and it becomes a grind.

Restaurants can be lucrative but be careful with who you partner with, if you want to retire faster , the only way to go is to go for more high risk high reward. My advice to you is to look for ways to simplify your job will double your commission. since your job is heavy on commission, what can you do to increase your commission. investing in other businesses will require you to spend a lot of time otherwise the chance of your money going down the drain is high.

good luck