S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Money and Investing (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/money-investing-179/)
-   -   Posting Rules: Read this or die! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/money-investing-179/posting-rules-read-die-445740/)

cthree 12-12-2006 11:52 PM

Posting Rules: Read this or die!

Simple rules for this forum:

Post your investment questions, thought and opinions. This is a serious subject so mature behavior is expected. Offer only constructive criticism not nasty ridicule.

Discussing or pimping any OTC, BB, pink slip or penny-type stock is not permitted. If it doesn't list on an exchange, if it doesn't trade for at least $1.00 / share, if it doesn't have a capitalization of $50 million or more, or if it has a ticker symbol ending in ".OB" or ".PK" we don't want to know about it.

Scott Evil 12-13-2006 10:27 AM

Eric...

Just to clarify, if it is listed (or going to be shortly), may we discuss, regardless of market cap?

cthree 12-13-2006 10:35 AM

Companies with a market cap of less than $50 million are the stuff of pump and dump spam. We don't want to talk about those, they aren't serious investments, just scams for day-traders to manipulate.

You can of course discuss IPOs but only those which will have a market cap of $50 million or more. I'd really like to make it $100 million but I know there are some legitimate companies worth less than that.

cap1 12-13-2006 12:31 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: to the new Forum

Spartikus 12-14-2006 05:34 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

WLAURENT 12-18-2006 06:48 PM

Eric

Shouldn't this be made into a S2KI Member area?

Would reduce the chance of stock bots and spammers from crapping all over the place.

Love the new sub-forum though - thanks for adding it.

magician 12-18-2006 06:49 PM

I've edited Erik's original to make it clear:

No discussion of OTC stocks.

No discussion of penny stocks.

No discussion of stocks with market capitalization of less than $50,000,000.

No discussion of stocks with ticker symbols ending in ".OB" - OTCBB stocks.

No discussion of stocks with ticker symbols ending in ".PK" - pink sheet (pink slip) stocks.

Period.

Them's the rules.

magician 12-18-2006 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by WLAURENT,Dec 18 2006, 07:48 PM
Shouldn't this be made into a S2KI Member area?

I'd just as soon keep it as it is for now.

Should I find that I'm policing too many junk posts from non-members, I'll reconsider my opinion.

jwa4378 12-24-2006 01:58 PM

So most stocks traded on regional exchanges are off limits? Small Cap companies provide the largest potential for gain, but also the highest risk. I can see why you want to limit advice on these companies, based on market capitalization (to diffuse the risk of loss). I think we should be able to discuss small cap companies based on prior stock performance, not overall market capitalization, but it should be required to mention the market cap of the company, just to let everyone know they are not one of the "big boys."

There is no harm in small companies if you have their historical stock prices, and the variances from predictions. If you can find a company with a positive stock price history, and a history for meeting or exceeding predictions, chances are good things will continue (barring some major company shake-up). I do not think we should discuss small cap stocks from a business plan standpoint, as small cap companies tend to change directions / strategies more regularly than high cap companies.

John

cthree 12-25-2006 09:22 AM

It's not due to risk that we ban these stocks, it's due to the potential for abuse and fraud. These stocks can go up or down 25% based on a trade worth less than $10,000. If you want high risk/high reward there are plenty of ways to get it (options/short selling/futures/forex) which are fair game. I don't want people pumping pennies here so they can scam members.

We aren't even talking about small cap, these are micro cap. $50 million is a safe enough level where the stocks become more difficult to be manipulated by individual con-artists.