Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

It was all going so well...

Old 08-27-2015, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was all going so well...

Towards the end of last year and into the early part of this year, a neighbour living a few doors down caught my attention. Very pretty and just my type. I remember last year she always waved when we passed each other driving in/out the street, and she'd always smile at me when I got the S out the garage or saw me driving it in/out the street with the roof down. Didn't really give it much thought at the time, until I saw her one day towards the latter part of last year and thought, wow!

So, this is going to sound dodgy, but bear with me, I started leaving post-it notes on her car with little messages, little clues as to who leaving them.

After a few weeks, I left my email address in a small card, and a few days later she emailed me. We exchanged a few emails and she eventually figured out who I was. Basically she said she appreciated the gesture and efforts I'd gone to, but is seeing someone, so it wouldn't be fair. Fair enough I thought, and it was all left on a friendly note.

So at the start of this summer, I started seeing her out and about in the street more, after not seeing her for ages, so I wanted to be sure that if we were to ever bump into each other (her car is parked very close to mine) that it wasn't going to be awkward.

So accidentally on purpose I went out one day the same time as her. We exchanged the usual "hi, how are you" and it was all very friendly - no awkwardness. So that was good.

So for a few weeks we kept bumping into each other and started chatting more and more, and more often than not, she was the one coming up to me and saying hi and keeping me chatting. No problem, I thought, will have more of that!

So I sent her an email basically saying that I know she's seeing someone, but wondered as she's around a bit more now, whether she'd like to do something over the summer, just as friends. I suggested going out for a drink/coffee/bite to eat, going for a drive in my car (as she always seemed to smile when she saw it), hanging out round one anothers houses, helping me supervise my chinchilla (she said she liked animals), or if she wasn't comfortable with any of that, just going for a walk around the village.

I didn't get a reply, and to be honest, didn't expect to. Until... a few weeks passed by, and I got a reply. The first thing she said was that she was not ignoring me (she repeated this several times in the same email, twice in capital letters). The second thing she said was that she wasn't seeing someone anymore. Which I guessed was why I was seeing her about more. She said that my suggestions sounded really nice and that she'll let me know when she's free. Result!

And to top it off, she asked for my help with her car, as she was having a few problems with it, because I know more about cars than she does. So I said that's fine, but what makes her think I know about cars? She said, and I quote: "because you have that shiny red car in that garage!" On cloud nine doesn't cut it

A week or so later, I was free or an hour or so and saw that she was in, so popped round to ask if she wanted me to take a quick look at her car. Her friend answered the door and she said they were getting ready to go out. But no sooner had I got back in, she'd emailed me to apologise for not answering the door, but she was getting ready. Then she asked for my number so she could text me, and then she asked if my chinchilla bites as she'd like to come round and meet him.

So I emailed her back with my number and stuff, and she text me almost straightaway to give me her number

So I said to myself that I wasn't going to text her, as I knew she said she'd let me know when she was free. All was well in my world. We kept passing each other in the street and she always greeted me with a nice smile, and sometimes with a cute little wave

But last week (about a week since I got her number), I couldn't resist the urge, so I text her asking if she wanted to pop round for an hour or so. I instantly regretted it - one of those texts where you just press 'send' and then wish you hadn't. But she replied minutes later saying that she would love to, but couldn't that night, but could next week (ie. this week) as she wasn't at work as much and she'd have plenty of free time. So we exchanged a few texts and agreed for her to pop over one night this week. So I text her on Sunday night, not making sure she was still coming round as I knew she was, but just to chat and stuff. We exchanged loads of texts, she was telling me more about her and asking about me and stuff, we were making each other laugh, lots of smiley face emoticons from her, so she sounded keen enough. It was all good

So I text her on Monday night, as I wanted to know if she still coming over one evening, but didn't ask her that straightaway as didn't want it to look like I just wanted to know that if you know what I mean. She text back long after I'd gone to bed and fell asleep (usually she replied within 5 mintues or so), and it was a short and simple reply. So I sent her a nice text the following morning, apologising for not texting back and explained that I'd gone to bed and was asleep, and said that I bet she was glad of some time off this week (as she said in her text that she was very tired after working a lot lately). Which I guess was indirectly asking what I wanted to ask, about if she was still coming round.

I didn't get a reply. But that's ok I thought, she'll text me when she's thinking of coming over.

Tuesday night she was in all evening, as I was I, and I heard nothing But that's ok, it was only Tuesday.

Then on my way home from work yesterday, as I turned into my street, I passed this guy in a Corsa driving like an absolute ****. So I looked at him (as you do) and as I did, noticed that he had a very attractive girl in the passenger seat. So I looked at her, and...well, I think you can guess who it was...

Now again, this is going to sound dodgy, but bear with me - I can see her house from my house and her bedroom curtains are always closed at night, naturally. When I got up this morning and went to work, then were still open. So... you can imagine how I felt

I know there's nothing I can do. I've done nothing wrong, my conscience is clear, I left it on a nice neutral note. It just annoys me when she was so keen, giving me all the right signals, for her to do this

Gutted is not the word... I'm feeling all sorts of emotions at the moment, which I know will pass with time. But it's not going to help when I see pass her in the street.

Been tempted to do all sorts of things... send nasty texts, do something to her car, or something. But I know this is all in haste, it's not a good idea, and it's not me to do that kind of thing. Just stupid thoughts that quickly enter, but then quickly exit my head.

I'm not going to do anything, just take it as (another one of) life's knocks and get on it with it
Old 08-27-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Pass the popcorn
Old 08-27-2015, 04:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyNFRS2k
...... Just stupid thoughts that quickly enter, but then quickly exit my head.
Posting this in this forum might be one of those......
Old 08-27-2015, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by lower
Originally Posted by AndyNFRS2k' timestamp='1440679559' post='23728156
...... Just stupid thoughts that quickly enter, but then quickly exit my head.
Posting this in this forum might be one of those......

Nah, lots of sympathy and advice to the lovelorn on here. Famous for it!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To save me reading all that, can someone just tell me if any of the participants get their kit off ?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:06 AM

It seems as if one of them did........but not with the OP.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiskine
To save me reading all that, can someone just tell me if any of the participants get their kit off ?

She does, he doesn't.

Play the long game. If Corsa is a knob it won't last long (unless she likes a bit of knob).
Old 08-27-2015, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there done that, bought the t-shirt, rented the DVD and subscribed to the e-mail newsletter.

Move on, forget about her and find someone else. You can so easily waste weeks, months and possibility even years waiting for something to happen. Maybe if she saw you with someone else she might come knocking, but don't hold your breath.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If she had been interested she wouldn't have said next week ...

And ...

Old 08-27-2015, 05:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics required of the following:

1. The bird
2. The Corsa
3. An example post it note
4. The curtains, closed
5. The curtains, opened
6. Your chinchilla

Quick Reply: It was all going so well...