S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Muppets (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/muppets-108/)
-   -   What is it with Boxster Drivers? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/muppets-108/what-boxster-drivers-127614/)

honda2k 06-05-2003 05:55 AM

What is it with Boxster Drivers?

Am I the only S driver who attract 'come on then' road antics from Boxster drivers?. The latest involved a good natured ( only after he was resoundingly thrashed by the S) boxster driver last week. I was in front and he was tailgating on the motorway.

It was a sunny day and we both had our hoods down. The road cleared and we both gunned it. The S gave a sparkling account of itself :revs: pulling away by 4 -5 car lengths from the porker each time (and believe me HE WAS GUNNING IT). The porker catches up whenever I back off for slower traffic and we would be off again with similar results. After a while, common sense prevailed and I slowed right down. He passed with a honk and a nodding acknowledgement of the S' prowess.

That is more than I can say for the Boxster S driver I saw on the M40. I was in my dilapidated old daily driver and was pootling along when I saw a red 03 S2000 being dangerously tailgated by a Boxster S with a private number plate. I have to give all credit to the S2000 driver for keeping cool and pulling away from him each time. The silly game ended only when Mr. Boxster decided to swerve across 3 lanes to get off the motorway at the last possible minute.

Are they genuinely shocked that a less expensive car might be more attractive and faster than theirs that they try to prove a point each time or are they just confirming the stats they've obviously been reading about? It would be interesting to read what others have come across.

Honda2k

Prestonian 06-05-2003 05:59 AM

May get flamed for this, but is the S2000 faster than the Boxster S?

M@verick 06-05-2003 06:01 AM

You might want to search the forum for a few other threads on this one ;)

Personally Im sounding the air raid siren and going underground right now.

R.

cheshire_carper 06-05-2003 06:05 AM

Dive Dive....

We are under attack........ take cover.

M@verick 06-05-2003 06:07 AM

Dive Dive....
:D

Dont know if youve checked Boxanet lately Chesh, but youve been personally name-checked there twice now to my knowledge. I dont think they like you very much .. . . seems to have something to do with your signature ;)

R.

cheshire_carper 06-05-2003 06:11 AM

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Have you got a URL? Sweet man. I blame my hairdresser. She`s the one with the Boxter. She`s a hairdresser and she has a Boxter.........to confirm. My hairdresser has a Boxter.

The carper hauls another bit of quarry....my baiting technique is improving. :cool: :cool: :cool:

honda2k 06-05-2003 06:12 AM

Prestonian, my tailgater was a 2.7 not an S.

eSeM 06-05-2003 06:12 AM

Originally posted by honda2k
Are they genuinely shocked that a less expensive car might be more attractive and faster than theirs that they try to prove a point each time or are they just confirming the stats they've obviously been reading about? It would be interesting to read what others have come across.

I have had a few of them try to race me when I am on my bike (0-100 < 7s ) :LOL:

Even the 911 turbo that tried it on a few months back couldn't get close.
:D

san2000 06-05-2003 06:17 AM

OMG.....not again....:eek2:
Where's the gas mask?
Who's got the key for the cellar?

(I'm just waiting for this to kick off)

...............or could it possibly be that we DON'T get into WWIII??

M@verick 06-05-2003 06:20 AM

can be found here Chesh (but you need to be signed in on Boxanet now):

http://forum.boxa.net/index.php?act=ST&f=1...t=0&#entry21535

amongst other things there is the following entry:

"Yes, Cheshire Carpers tag line is just sooooo inviting for a Boxster owner, sure he would relish the thought of some chat on the finer points of the Porsche marque...................

Roger"

and Simons two pennyworth, whilst discussing VBH (now this really is sacrilege)

"She's a minger, but just happens to be marginally easier on the eye than the other female journo's.

Doesn't mean it's any good though does it.

To quote some tw@t from S2ki - 'My hairdresser drives an S2000, she puts the perm lotion in the glove box, fake tan in the boot and white stilletos on the pedals. Not having a dig, just a fact'.

Z's alright though, he's got a Testarossa

Simon "

You are famous Chesh :cool:
R.