Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Getting stationed in Vegas!

Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys sorry I didn't check back in here for a minute, thought the thread died by now

Originally Posted by skittle
Yeah I have been on Nellis for almost 12 years. I did 6 years active and the rest as a civi. Now as far as daycare it is not cheap here, I was looking for my 2 kids and most places wanted about 250-300 per week. On base it is cheaper.
Wow,12 years! That's rough, right now I'm paying 600/month on base and I feel it's reasonable..to have it double...damn. Odd thing though is my sponsor said off base is cheaper, although it was an email, he could have mistyped/worded. I need to call the CDC next week and get an exact figure.

Originally Posted by S2k-Melee
What do you do? I have been stationed here for about 2 1/2 years but Kadena was my last base. I have a kid on the way and with two incomes in the same household off-base is ridiculous, but there is a waiting list for on base child care. Go to mcyfirst.com and create a account and get yourself on the waiting list now. I would live in Northwest Vegas(alot of Creech guys live there), look up Centennial Hills for really nice houses or Providence. You can buy houses out here for a great price, also cheaper to rent a house then a apartment. Im on the FB page but sometimes to much drama on there.
Yeah I noticed that...and it's really only 3-4 people that post on there...I'm CE! Yeah, I have to get on that waiting list, probably end up with an FCC in home provider like I have here at kadena??

Yeah I noticed that, wife and I plan on renting for 6-12 months till we get other things settled/house shop in the mean time and then look into buying. If off base and on base daycare prices are drastically different, that would completely negate my idea of buying an s2k since my wife is also military but she will be working out of creech while I'll be at Nellis, which would task me with driving the baby to and from daycare everyday unlike being able to alternate like we do now...

Guess I gotta have my back up Sedan ideas ready to go haha...I will def call the CDC and get exact rates/waiting list....thanks fellas