Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Wow it's been a year! Time sure does fly

Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow it's been a year! Time sure does fly

Well guys and gals can you believe it? This part of the forum is actually a few days over a year old now and I'd like to say a few things

First off,

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Without your active participation on this forum and as part of this community none of our meets, dinner outings, etc would be possible.

It's great to be part of a community that shares one common interest and loves to share their experiences with each other. A group that can go out and have a great time and there isn't any politics or drama. There is just a lot of good clean fun

As time has past we've lost members and gained new ones. Those who moved away will not be forgotten as they were very active parts in bring this community to where it is now Even with the lose of people though we still moved on as a community and didn't let it hurt the spirit of th group.
Many car communites have problems just getting small meets to happen in Vegas where as we can pack in a Sonic Burger with 13 S2000's within a weeks notice. This really shows how awesome the group we have here is.

I feel having the right owners group can really make one's ownership experience a great one. I know this community has made my ownership experience an absolute blast and one I will never forget. I hope it has been the same for you guys.

As the CO I've had a chance to meet and become close to some great people.

There are 2 people I'd personally like to thank as without them I wouldn't be here typing this.

First off I'd like to thank Jimmy. It was when I rode in your S2000 at an autocross at Texas Station back in 2002 that I got hooked and knew that I was going to get an S2000 after my Celica. That ride is something I will never forget. Thanks Jimmy

The second person I'd like to thanks is JP. Your moving here was pretty much what helped get the forum started. Ever since I got my car I kept a list of people on this forum who lived in Vegas and I would PM everytime a meet would come up. Luckily I didn't have to do that for too long as you decided to move here and helped us get this little corner on the forum. You then helped me get situated as a CO and our group has done nothing but grow since then. You've helped me come a long way. It really has been nice to have someone to travel out of town with for track days and is so helpful in taking my car the direction I'd like to go with it. Thanks JP

And once again thank you all for making this such a great community. I look forward to another positive yr with more meets, more fun, and more people

Karim Hussain
Your Las Vegas Owners Group Community Organizer

p.s. sorry about any typos or spelling errors. It's late
Old 08-26-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been here exactly a month today and have to say I agree. Thanks everybody for putting up with all of the dumb questions that I often ask. Thanks LudeDude for answering alot of my dumb questions, thanks Dustin for welcoming me into your garage.(helping me go wrench on my car is priceless.) thanks Roja_Boy for being a cooldude. Thanks Karim for being a kickass CO and thanks to everybody else I have not mentioned because there are alot of you.

ps. who's red mitsubishi eclipse was that at BWW last night? That was
the sweetest eclipse I have ever seen! That car made me realized that there really is life after S. Its hella cool. I could only imagine what your packing under the hood. drool
Old 08-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Wow, I don't know what to say.

The community exists because you guys wanted it to happen, all I did was grease the wheels a bit. It's largely because of this group though that my 1st year (almost) in Vegas has been as wonderful an experience as it's been. It's been great always having something to do or someone to go hang out with...and the whole fastlap phenomenon. Amazing.

Karim's energy and willingness to put with my crap deserves special mention. I'm glad you enjoy the track outings...I've appreciated having you there for moral and physical support not to mention enjoying your progress as you gain confidence in the car and yourself.

I don't want to make a long rave here but all of you are what make this community special; this group and the friends I've made here were all factors in our deciding to settle down here and try to buy a place to make this our permanent home.

Thanks and let's keep up the energy

PS. Ryan, that's Lee's car (WhatNoise?). It's a monster.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are things i love about our group, there are other things i'm not too keen on. but i have to say, it's awesome to be able to hang out with other s2k owners on a regular basis. it really helps you appreciate your car.

i hope the group just keeps growing and growing.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:46 PM

everyone here sucks i think i'm going to sell my S and get a pinto j/k every one here rocks i met great friends. everyone here is going to be envited to all my weddings . but most of all i am thankful for being introduced to BWW now i can get fatter then ive ever been . untill i see yall again
Old 08-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Mike
Old 08-27-2004, 03:55 PM

It seems like just yesterday that Karim PM'ed me on LVDR.net "Las Vegas' Dramatic Ricers" to let me know that a Vegas chapter had been started. I have to agree that there a lot of great people on this forum and a lot of supportive and enthusiastic members in Vegas. No drama, no high-school antics, just some friendly folk gettin' tuh-gether frr a good 'ol tyme!

Week after week, we've proven that it doesn't really matter what we all drive, we're passionate about cars and have a great time when we get together. Sure, there's the occasional joke about minivans and straight-line domestics with big wheels like the one I brought this week, but there's never any hard feelings. It's all in good fun!

I straight dig you people! A fat thanks goes to you all for being a cool crowd! I'm really glad to be a part of the community

P.S. - Ryan, thanks for the props on my domestically built Mitsu. You're a good guy in my book, no matter what everyone else says. Just trickin' man!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:33 PM

Man reading this post got me thinking and a bit teary eyed. (Seriously). I want thank everyone for making the community what it is today. Without the Las Vegas S2000 Owners Group I don't where I would be or what I would be doing. Because of this community I have met some awesome people who can be considered life-long friends. Its funny I remember when there were only three of us that met together in Vegas, now there's like 25 + people. Neways I love you all. (In a non-homosexual kind of way.)
Old 08-28-2004, 08:11 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

not even an honorable mention? I hope you all die~! <--- there's your drama, yO~!

Karim, you're the only one I know who makes it a point to go up to virtually every single goddamn car lover and introduce yourself and make friends with them. I don't think you have an enemy that knows who you are. and that's great! Even though there is an underlining joke about Karim being gay since we never see him with a girl... we know the truth. he might be.

I'm probably the fourth most active S2K member who doesn't own a S2K (right behind Steve and the IS300 guys).

I've met some great people thru Karim, notably Jay, JP, and Steve (which, incidently, i knew thru Counterstrike).

What's odd is, I saw Lee on LVDR a few times and I'm sure we've had our little disagreements... met at Hot Rod Grille and he's pretty cool and he's a lucky bastard for having a wife who resembles Jennifer Garner

and of course, JP. That bastard. I think he's the only one who really laughs at every stupid thing i say. Of course, he refuses to go to dinner without S2K guys...

the end.

ps. this is a loving thread. someone come hold me.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quick Reply: Wow it's been a year! Time sure does fly