New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Four post lift for the garage

Old 01-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four post lift for the garage

I have started looking into installing a four post lift in my garage so that I can store the two S2000's in one space. I am curious if anyone has installed one and what lift manufacturer they used.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello DWSs2k, this is a great question! I’m also curious on what people would recommend.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check out the site Garagejournal.com. Their forum has a lot of posts about people doing various lift installs. Bendpak seems to be a popular choice as they're a brand that has been around a while.

I've been debating getting a four post myself but I'm not sure If want to deal with having a set of posts right in the middle of my garage (it's a single door two car garage). I'll have to measure it out in the spring and see where they might land. And of course... cost is a factor. The biggest thing that's putting me off is the cost. I want a lift primarily for storing the S2000, but also want the option to raise the wheels off the platform for some occasional work. Bendpak's bridge jacks are about $1300. (ouch).
The following users liked this post:
Oneloveknk (01-22-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 AM

Thanks Kenta for the reference to Garagejournal.com, the limited research that I've done seems to indicate that Bendpak units are higher priced than all the other mfg's. I am wondering if going with a higher priced mfg is worth it. Currently having my garage looked to confirm that the rafters can be raised to allow for lifting the vehicle high enough to park a car underneath.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Babco also has similar storage lifts, I have researched lifts in the past. Depending on what you need to park under the stored vehicle, a ceiling height of at least 9-10 feet will do but I only have 8 feet. Next garage will have higher ceilings, I swear.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:53 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

https://www.autostacker.com/buy-autostacker.html

$5K.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by DWSs2k
Thanks Kenta for the reference to Garagejournal.com, the limited research that I've done seems to indicate that Bendpak units are higher priced than all the other mfg's. I am wondering if going with a higher priced mfg is worth it. Currently having my garage looked to confirm that the rafters can be raised to allow for lifting the vehicle high enough to park a car underneath.
I currently have a Bendpak scissor lift and overall I am happy with the quality. I don't mind a little extra for the piece of mind that something isn't going to break so I might go with them, just because they seem to have a reasonably good track record.

However, there's a place called Greg Smith Equipment near me (it's in Hudson, NH) that actually has a show room with lifts and stuff. It appears they are an Atlas dealer. I'm going to swing by soon and check them out, not sure if I would pull the plug, but it doesn't hurt to shop around.

Also... look into getting your garage door tracks raised too if it might be in the way...

Last edited by kenta; 01-23-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 01-23-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Rotary or Bendpak.
Both are quality and only a little more than the lesser brands.
If you get a 2 post (which I'd recommend), get the 3 stage arms. It makes things a lot easier.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:09 AM

I thought about a 2 post, but my needs/priorities have changed. Our CR-V has 5k miles on it (it's still a baby) and really shouldn't need anything for a while. If Tesla gets their game together my Model 3 will arrive this year (we'll see). Basically, I need parking storage and the ease of pulling on/off without fiddling with the arms appeals to me. I am getting pretty old.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:12 AM

I think that I will get a Bendpak four post lift because storage is the prime reason for purchasing the lift. My current height is 9.5 feet, contractor says he can get another 1.5 feet, but I will need a different garage door opener.
Now to order a lift and figure out how to have it delivered.

Quick Reply: Four post lift for the garage