New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Hey everone!

Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everone!

Hello S2ki community, long time no see (other than those I see on fb). Hope everyone is doing well.
As some of you know, I have been a member of this community since 2005 when I bought my dream ride, my current 04' NFR. It was actually a wedding gift from my wife, Kimmie and we actually got married in it in that same year. It was something that we both enjoyed for many years and even a few of the S2ki events with the folks one this site. We met many great people thru the meetups and the drives and those memories are still something we discuss to this day.

Sadly, her and I are divorced now and have been for about 2 years. I did keep the car and I have been enjoying but still to this day, it never quite felt "right" driving it since it was something that Kimmie and I shared together. So, I think it is finally time to let her go and move on.

With the springtime coming, I just wanted to put it out there to the community in case there was anyone interested before I start formally advertising it. I would rather it go to a good home here in the community with someone who actually appreciates it as much as I do.

So about the car. She is an 04' AP2 #36, and I am the second owner. ( just pulled a Carfax and I am the only owner)

I bought her in 05' with about 1400 miles on the clock and she currently has about 32k on her now. She is 100% stock, I have never modded or even tracked her, and has been garage kept during the wintertime. I have also been a sticklier for maintenance and have all records to show for it. There have been zero unscheduled repairs, just tires, brakes and O/C's. There is a small, 1" or so wear slit in the soft top on the passenger side, something that I never took care of because I only drive her on days when it's not going to rain. Tires were replaced in 2016 and have about 5k on them. Otherwise, she needs nothing.

I will post some current photos soon when the weather is nicer and the salt has been cleaned from the roads so I can pull her out of storage, but if anyone is interested and would like to know more, feel free to PM me. I am currently storing her off-site while I have some reno work being done at my house so I won't have access immediately for any additional photos, but feel free to PM me.

I'd like $20,000 for her which I don't think is unreasonable given the mileage and condition. Again, I'd like to see her go to a good home with someone who will take pride and care like I did.

Best Regards,

Scott

Last edited by gladwins; 05-13-2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 03-26-2018, 05:55 AM

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Our S2K is over 100K now, and though it's a Honda, I still prefer something with fewer miles.......tempting.....
Old 03-26-2018, 06:22 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

That is going to make somebody a happy owner.
Levi
The following users liked this post:
gladwins (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Our S2K is over 100K now, and though it's a Honda, I still prefer something with fewer miles.......tempting.....
Lainey, I would be honored if it went to someone like you and Rick. I know how good you have been with yours and I know it wouldn't be abused.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by gladwins
Lainey, I would be honored if it went to someone like you and Rick. I know how good you have been with yours and I know it wouldn't be abused.
That's nice of you to say that. He does take great care of our vehicles....We bought the 2012 Boxster as a toy/road trip car last year, but the S is still special. He's retiring soon, not sure about spending the $ to upgrade but it is quite tempting..
Old 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM

Spoke to Rick at lunch. He's not looking to upgrade right now. Good luck with the sale. I'm sure you will find a good home for the S. Low mileage, non abused stock S2000's are not plentiful.
gladwins (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 06:29 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Beautiful car. Post it in the marketplace, I'm sure you'll get a ton of offers. Also snap some more pictures, that always helps.
gladwins (03-28-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 01:09 PM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Hey Scott.
good to see you doing OK. I see Kimmee now and again picking up pizza.
You always could consider bringatrailer.com they're doing auctions and seem to bring good coin.
You can also check the recent sales for comps.
gladwins (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi Scott. It's good to hear from you. I think $20K is in the ball park, but not sure if the roof condition would drive the price down a bit. Good luck with the sale.
gladwins (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Hey Scott.
good to see you doing OK. I see Kimmee now and again picking up pizza.
You always could consider bringatrailer.com they're doing auctions and seem to bring good coin.
You can also check the recent sales for comps.
Oh, I have not heard of this site yet, thank you for the info. Once the weather is nicer, I'll take current photos and such but this site might be just what I'm looking for.

Thanks again and hope you are doing well.

Quick Reply: Hey everone!